Middlewich Narrowboats Photos

Featured Posts

Following the overwhelming response to my last thread, I realized that many people wanted to share their pictures of Middlewich Narrowboats with us. I’d love to see some more, especially embarrassing haircuts etc etc, so please post yours.

Also anyone who would be happy for them to be used on the website or brochures please let us know. I only ask because there are so many great photos of our boats and people enjoying them out there but the former owner has left none of them for us to use. Let me know if you give permission for us to use any.

Any Pro photographers are welcome to display their wares here to me too. That should go for our boats, premises and scenes of our routes too (Trent and Mersey, Four Counties Ring, Cheshire Ring, Llangollen Canal etc etc)

Thanks all again,

Greg (Chuggy)

Edited by CHUGALONG HIRE COMPANY

Following the overwhelming response to my last thread, I realized that many people wanted to share their pictures of Middlewich Narrowboats with us. I’d love to see some more, especially embracing haircuts etc etc, so please post yours.

Also anyone who would be happy for them to be used on the website or brochures please let us know. I only ask because there are so many great photos of our boats and people enjoying them out there but the former owner has left none of them for us to use. Let me know if you give permission for us to use any.

Any Pro photographers are welcome to display their wares here to me too. That should go for our boats, premises and scenes of our routes too (Trent and Mersey, Four Counties Ring, Cheshire Ring, Llangollen Canal etc etc)

Thanks all again,

Greg (Chuggy)

I have so many but am afraid very busy for the next few weeks so I will make it one of my New Year resolutions, just hope that it is more successful than last years ones!

Tim

Tim

Ok I'll get it started. (Yep it is embarrassing)

gallery_14902_720_49240.jpg

My eldest son and his school mate holidaying on Cherry. Along with Monty & Toby oh and I nearly forgot the Financial Director of The Chugalong Hire Company, Sue (1998)

med_gallery_14902_720_27522.jpg

Me, chewing a brick?

Nice to put a face to the (nick)name. The boat looks as if it has run aground under the bridge!

I cant remember for certain, but I think my Nan was on the thunder box (port side)...it would explain the list!

I love the crew briefing john, I'm not sure they all agree with your brief (Brilliant).

• 2 weeks later...

Rowan pre holiday in the early 80's (not our holiday, a chap we bumped into whose family hired her and kindly let us have his pics).

gallery_13352_639_210655.jpg

Rowan now, gradually being put back to look like she did in the above... Sadly we will probably won't reinstate the front deck... but the diamonds and the round tunnel light are coming back.

gallery_13352_639_4396.jpg

I love the crew briefing john, I'm not sure they all agree with your brief (Brilliant).

That's my brother in law doing the briefing and I was impressed that he got them to stand still long enough. The little Harpo Marx lookalike would jump in the cut for 50p. They were over from Australia and I don't think he'd got to grips with the value of the currency.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Here's a few photos from this year that are quite un-special, but you are welcome to use if they are better than nothing or handy as a stopgap!

Glad to hear you've taken Middlewich Narrowboats on, as a nipper in the 90s even then I thought they were a bit of a mixed bag, and different to the norm, with some nice boats, along with some boats I really wouldnt have wanted to holiday on. I think as has been summised as canal holidays have moved further from being seen as almost adventure holidays and to customers expecting young craft with home from home comforts and immaculate presentation they fell ever further behind, though perhaps most importantly got a few crucial areas wrong, but being different can often be a strength, so I hope you can highlight what were the areas that were letting you down (late departures & cleanliness appear two key unacceptables) and turn things round... I'm sure you can and wish you all the best

Dan

www.blackprinceowners.org.uk

MapleJuly2011.jpg

LarchJuly2011.jpg

JuniperJuly2011.jpg

BeechJuly20112.jpg

AlmondJuly2011.jpg

Edited by Dan