Are you new to boating?? CLICK HERE

Sam

Featured Posts

Thanks, I am so far. Rather amusingly, I think you're moored just in front of me at the moment!

Hmm don't think twas me I was stuck Horror house then..bin out this weekend though. Got a feeling there is another the same name. However if u sees my boat say Hi.

Welcome to everyone else who I haven't said hello to.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the Forum DaisyMay

To echo Johno....what types of motorbike ?

Also welcome to you Dave.....good to have another yoghurt pot driver on board cool.png

Sorry Alan, Johno and John for not replying! I have four Kawasakis and one BSA but will get that down to two bikes for next year. I've very nearly bought a boat so will need to get myself sorted out! I love that garage butty!!!

Yeah bike reduction sad.png

I had to get rid of mine when I started re-building Sabina H, ( Laverda 750 GT, Yamaha AS1 café racer, 3 complete MK VIII Competition Itoms plus huge heap of bits and pieces. You only have so much time and so much energy and there comes a time when you have to accept that and chose..........big wrench but I chose boats, although I find myself looking longingly at the occasional bit of exotica that passes (Oddly it's mostly little bikes that I like)

Hi everyone,

Our names are Gregg and Ava and we have just taken the plunge and bought a sailaway widebeam (Positively 4th Street... A Bob Dylan song title for those of you who don't dig Dylan) that we are going to be living on for the rest of our lives... with a bit of luck... and (cheekily, I know) maybe some help from you guys and gals regarding knowledge of the fit out.

Anyway, that is who we are and what we are planning to get done. Hope to bump into some of you up around the Parbold area on the Leeds Liverpool.

Cheers

Gregg and Ava.

Greetings Greg and Ava, welcome to the site. Ah ha a self fit out !!! be careful or you will wear out the "search" button smile.png

You will find humungus amounts of extremely good technical information compiled by many knowledgeable people by using it.

Good luck with your project....cheers JohnV

Hi ya to Daisy, Gregg and Ava...ask away..use search engine..lovely to have more on board.

Didn't fit mine out but brought as shell and shadowed the poor guys who made my dream reality....I feel as if my boat part of me.

The guy who fitted her out ended up brilliant friend and advice guru...enjoy and good luck..

Hello forum folk,

We are Jon and Ellena currently residing in the SE England surrounded by bricks, but all is about to change...

We are into the NB buying ting, why !

Well a number of big events came to pass in 2015:

I can travel cheaper on trains than ever before and remaining legal

Close friend became terminally ill, and sadly left us, bit of a wake up call

I decided I didn't want to turn the corporate money wheel any more

The abacus has the right number of beads in green bit

We decided we would like to get to see more of the UK at 3 mph, together, without having to turn round after 5 or 6 days

We are up for a challenge and certainly up for some fun.

Me, Electrical engineer, been rebuilding motor things since i was 13, learned on an ex GPO BSA Bantam,

two wheels with an engine has been love of life for 100's of years.

Mrs, Civil engineer with honours, and no, it's not easy being wrong sooo many times, but I cope.

Family pretty much all growed-up, occasional postcards from places i find via google earth, but soo very proud of them.

We have been looking for the right boat for a while, around 60ft, semi-trad, reverse layout, walk-through bathroom, newish, and thanks to some great folks in Derby, we think we have it, no gender until after all the money changes hands and we have the papers.

So, without tempting fate, survey being done in the next 10 days, a couple of months to make it our home, and work through the snag list.

Plan is steaming off into the a bright sunny dawn sunrise, after the stoppage work in March, and yes we are born optimists!

We have already met (bumped into) a load of great folks, and based on our experience to date, i feel that canal world is similar to bike world, wherever we go we will meet some great folk, some will become great friends.

Can't tell you how excited we are, soo looking forward to 2016, and saying hello to you guys from OUR boat.

We have a whole pile of question we are going to unload on the forum once we have got step 1 done.

Have fun.

J&E

Welcome from me too, J & E

Ah ! BSA Bantams .......memories........mine are of Tiger Cubs........and trying to re-assemble by the side of the road under the feeble glow of a street light, in the pouring rain, freezing cold, aided only by a battered copy of "Motorcycles and How to Manage Them" and a friendly dog that kept trying to pee on your tool kit........Aaaaah those were the days rolleyes.gif

Like Robden, I too have regrets, (one) like him that I didn't become a liveaboard sooner and (two) Why oh why did I sell the Douglas Dragonfly for £50.00 !!!

Welcome from me too, J & E

Ah ! BSA Bantams .......memories........mine are of Tiger Cubs........and trying to re-assemble by the side of the road under the feeble glow of a street light, in the pouring rain, freezing cold, aided only by a battered copy of "Motorcycles and How to Manage Them" and a friendly dog that kept trying to pee on your tool kit........Aaaaah those were the days rolleyes.gif

Like Robden, I too have regrets, (one) like him that I didn't become a liveaboard sooner and (two) Why oh why did I sell the Douglas Dragonfly for £50.00 !!!

John, how can you get over your second regret??? Yes, my not so younger days with motorcycles involved a lot of breaking down :-( Also a lot of laughing though.

Welcome to the other newbies; I hope we can journey together as I am also going to be fitting out on a steep learning curve!

John, how can you get over your second regret??? Yes, my not so younger days with motorcycles involved a lot of breaking down :-( Also a lot of laughing though.

Welcome to the other newbies; I hope we can journey together as I am also going to be fitting out on a steep learning curve!

It was only financial.......pretty bike but not the best I ever owned........now getting rid of the MkVIII competition Itom that had been converted to disc valve

https://flic.kr/p/p2DKPM

Hi everyone,

Our names are Gregg and Ava and we have just taken the plunge and bought a sailaway widebeam (Positively 4th Street... A Bob Dylan song title for those of you who don't dig Dylan) that we are going to be living on for the rest of our lives... with a bit of luck... and (cheekily, I know) maybe some help from you guys and gals regarding knowledge of the fit out.

Anyway, that is who we are and what we are planning to get done. Hope to bump into some of you up around the Parbold area on the Leeds Liverpool.

Cheers

Gregg and Ava.

Absolutely EVERYBODY digs Bob Dylan... http://video.bobdylan.com/desktop.html

Good luck.

It was only financial.......pretty bike but not the best I ever owned........now getting rid of the MkVIII competition Itom that had been converted to disc valve

https://flic.kr/p/p2DKPM

John, thanks for the welcoming hello.

My spilled milk, a Norton Dominator, featherbed frame, pre-unit bonny T120 engine,

And why, this is going to hurt and probably require a bunch more counselling.

Because The She that wore knee length suede boots, and was just that enticing bit older then me, wanted to be driven around in a cooper S, instead of riding mechanical perfection , stop it !

Why oh why wasn't I born a eunuch or failing that, with a brain.

Hohum,

Happy days :)

Jon

my name is Anthony and I'm thinking about going on a canal boating holiday with my wife but unfortunately we both have medical problems

that does not allow us to operate locks on canals so we are looking for a lock free canal ive been told Liverpool leeds is a lock free canal but don't know if

this true can someone plz help us and lat us know of any lock free canals in England we live in Nantwich Cheshire if this is any help in my enquiery

many thx

Yeah bike reduction sad.png

I had to get rid of mine when I started re-building Sabina H, ( Laverda 750 GT, Yamaha AS1 café racer, 3 complete MK VIII Competition Itoms plus huge heap of bits and pieces. You only have so much time and so much energy and there comes a time when you have to accept that and chose..........big wrench but I chose boats, although I find myself looking longingly at the occasional bit of exotica that passes (Oddly it's mostly little bikes that I like)

Hi John

That's a shame to have sold your bikes especially the Laverda I've got four Laverda's just love em!!??

at the moment I don't have to chose between boats and bikes they go together for me,

What year was the gt? 72/3?