ok..it's eventually starting to get to THAT level

DeanS

Featured Posts

Ha ha Ally..me too.

Er, point of information: Ally is female and lives in the Midlands. I am male and live in the Fens.

She and I do however share excellent taste, as we both have boats made by the same excellent builder.

Er, point of information: Ally is female and lives in the Midlands. I am male and live in the Fens.

She and I do however share excellent taste, as we both have boats made by the same excellent builder.

oops , sorry read it wrong , was on my mobile , tiny screen.

I saw it for the first time last night...on the telly..... 5 degrees on Monday. It's beginning.......the downturn....I'm not worried....yet :)

5 degrees is exactly in line with the mean temperature for 1971-2000 for the end of November.September and October have been incredibly mild, most of Central England has had average temps 2.5 deg C above 1971-200 average.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/2011/autumn.html

It was the last week of November and the start of December that it hit the fan last year. What's the odds of a fourth cold winter?

Long term forecasting is so imprecise as to be meaningless. I think a lot of organisations are erring towards negative forecasts for fear of being caught out, also known as the Michael Fish effect. Here's hoping for a nice overcast wet and windy few months.

I much prefer that to feeling like an extra in a documentary about Shackleton.

Weather forcasts, pah useless,better looking through the window.

Look at the seaweed you have more chance of getting it right :P We're not short of weed here :banghead:

Have Butty full of coal and need to shift some,so form a one sided point of view lets have some snow!!!!!!

edit 'cause can't spell

Edited by paddy r

I saw it for the first time last night...on the telly..... 5 degrees on Monday. It's beginning.......the downturn....I'm not worried....yet :)

Yup - just left our boat and won't be back to it for about 2 weeks so have left it 'winterised' just in case the thermometer plunges further.

Around his time last year mind we were knee deep in snow in the North East...

Despite a fairly good forecast, today has been noticeably colder than yesterday here in the Fens. The dropped temperature plus almost day-long thick mist have made it feel as if the first breath of winter has been brothe, er, broth, er exhaled.

ok..what's going on. I started a post, and it's got to page 2 without anyone attacking anyone/calling anyone names/ or the general bickering. It's made me chuckle. This must be the most polite thread I have ever started. WELL DONE PEOPLES. ..LOL

glad its getting colder, all the grockles have hitched up their caravans and gone home!! the forest roads are empty no queues to get through towns like lyndhurst hooray!!

what the heck is a grockle.?

Despite a fairly good forecast, today has been noticeably colder than yesterday here in the Fens. The dropped temperature plus almost day-long thick mist have made it feel as if the first breath of winter has been brothe, er, broth, er exhaled.

Cracking day here on the coast but visiting Norwich mid day it thick, came home about 3 pm as it was getting thicker, 5 miles out of the city and sun all the way home. Just taken the dog out, clear sky and light mist