Unnecessarily Inconsiderate Behaviour

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Whazzup, Doc?

I enjoyed reading your early posts about searching for a boat (are you on board yet). I hope that CWF members were of some help.

Please take the tablets before continuing this thread - in my opinion, it's gone about as far as it needs to.

Mike

My Grade '1' in Woodwork was far more useful. :lol:

P.S. Letter grades were introduced after I left Secondary school

AS I was no good at French (having told the nasty rude lady who taught us this for years) she refused to let me sit it at O level and I was not allowed to do latin so did woodwork and art.

At woodwork the master (Mr Driver but call me screwy) said I was honest but so bad that he made my test piece for me, gave me/him 60% and advised me to give it up for ever.

The art mistress - a real arty love my arty pupils type - gave my painting 20% reduced to 15 - which I felt unfair as I look at it framed on the wall in the lounge - it being a pretty accurate painting of central park NY - complete with her 20/15 graffitti scawled on the wall of the park and the skyscrapers along the back draw using a ruler but in perfect perspective.

• 1 month later...

Having just read 14 pages of opinions, facts, fancies, covering such diverse subjects as Latin and BW intransigence (spell?) may I now claim a Pass in canalworld.net/forums/stamina/pentathlon on the basis that it took me 210 minutes to get from the First post to the Last post without learning ANYTHING useful except that someone has a brilliant yes/no smiley I cannot locate.

:cheers:

Edited by Pentargon

....may I now claim a Pass in canalworld.net/forums/stamina/pentathlon on the basis that it took me 210 minutes to get from the First post to the Last post without learning ANYTHING useful....

Sorry but to join that particular clique you must read this......FRIDAAAY! Clicky......and then answer questions.

Edited by carlt

Having just read 14 pages of opinions, facts, fancies, covering such diverse subjects as Latin and BW intransigence (spell?) may I now claim a Pass in canalworld.net/forums/stamina/pentathlon on the basis that it took me 210 minutes to get from the First post to the Last post without learning ANYTHING useful except that someone has a briliant yes/no smiley I cannot locate. :cheers:

So other than if anyone now tries to follow your example, it may take them 211 minutes, not 210, has your post actually helped the thread along ?

EDITED TO ADD:

If you want to learn something extra, it is possible to configure the number of posts you see per displayed page. I'm only showing your post as on page 7, for example. It will not change the number of posts you may choose to read before you declare them pointless, but you might save a few seconds by not having to move to a new page so often!

Edited by alan_fincher

Steve,

You are an absolute darling. I'm a newbie and learning all the time. The best lesson I have learned here in two months or so is the generosity of the members of the forum. Now am i allowed to admit I haven't a clue how to use it? :help:

Edited by Pentargon

Sorry but to join that particular clique you must read this......FRIDAAAY! Clicky......and then answer questions.

I've been had! Only after reading 2 pages did I look at the page count. See? That's the difference in being a newbie with less that 100 posts trying to mix it with guys who've been here years and have five digit post counts. I think I''ll sneak back to my lister/sr2/smoking area where I belong and wait for pentargon's survey to come through.

Having just read 14 pages of opinions, facts, fancies, covering such diverse subjects as Latin and BW intransigence (spell?) may I now claim a Pass in canalworld.net/forums/stamina/pentathlon on the basis that it took me 210 minutes to get from the First post to the Last post without learning ANYTHING useful except that someone has a brilliant yes/no smiley I cannot locate.

My Gawd! You must have been bored!

SAM

On the 48hr moorings at the Science Park, Digbeth Branch, BCN.

Taking 'Red Wharf' up to Old Turn area tomorrow, say 'Hello' if you see us :)

...it took me 210 minutes to get from the First post to the Last post without learning ANYTHING useful except that someone has a brilliant yes/no smiley I cannot locate.

Glad you liked my fou35.gif smiley.

OK it's not quite mine, I found it on the internet & copied it to my own image hosting space. Seeing as I use google for this bandwidth is not an issue, but if you want to use it I would suggest you copy it to your own image hosting space, because if I move it or rename my album or whatever, then it wont be available anymore on that link.

My smiley collection can be found here (the page can be a bit slow to load)