Cosgrove/Wolverton

i love my narrowboat

Featured Posts

i can recommend a trip to Milton Keynes Theatre, a fantastic venue with varied programme!

milton keynes theatre

also Bletchley Park is worth a visit.

Regards

Dan

Hi Dan,,unfortunately we have 4 dogs and don't think they will be welcome in either venue:-).the things you mention are what we have to do when back at Billing and our reliable dog sitter can oblige us,have to say though we went to Ely and wanted to look round Oliver Cromwells house (national trust) we asked if there was a dog sitting service and they said no but we could take them round with us,,we were so delighted, our dogs are v v well behaved and it was nice for us to wander round and not be worrying that our dogs were locked up in the car/boat. one of the dogs is nearly blind and panics when there is no 'human' in the v near vicinity,hence the dog sitter :-)

oh and Bletchly park is def on the cards..

have you ever been to Keveldon Hatch...? wonderful !!!

Edited by i love my narrowboat

There are plenty of "dog friendly " people at cosgrove, the locals will always help out! Also sunday luch at the lodge (dogs allowed) really cheap for £5. And a day boat trip down to tescos on a sat if you need supplies. Not exactly cultural but might be useful

oh and Bletchly park is def on the cards..

have you ever been to Keveldon Hatch...? wonderful !!!

Bletchley park is excellent, allow a day to see it all, have been 3 times, also covers the National Computing Museum (small extra charge)

Kelvedon Hatch - excellent as well, one a National Chain of Nuclear Bunkers, have been a couple of times, company I worked for used to hold meetings in one of the rooms.

Leo.

I love Cosgrove, lots of geese there.

Quite and peacefull

Billing is excellent value for money, and Colin there is a star, and really does put himself out.

My Soninlaw Kris use to do lots of work there on folks engines.

Billing would have been our first home, although theirs a couple of wide beams there, you cannot travel onto the GU unless you have a narrow boat.

Are the moorings their still Inc of electric??

Have a good break

Col

There are plenty of "dog friendly " people at cosgrove, the locals will always help out! Also sunday luch at the lodge (dogs allowed) really cheap for £5. And a day boat trip down to tescos on a sat if you need supplies. Not exactly cultural but might be useful

Do you know we noticed this when out this summer on the GU when on the way to Warwick - near Kate Boats base. When we asked (as we had left our dogs in the boat) we were told no problem. Wouldn't get that round here - you had Food and Safety around as quick as you could say Fido! Must be another north/south divide thingy

'

If you have time, 30 mins south you have Dunstable Downs. From there you are close to London Gliding club, fascinating to watch for a while. Kite flying in abundance, great to watch if you can visit on a Sunday. Lots of space for walking the dogs and a lovely restaurant to relax in.

Ah now we have already met lots of lovely 'doggie' people, we passed them on the Sunday that we came to look, and now have seen several of them each day as they pass by. Bertie the Bichon is lovely and Murphy the Cairn is v handsome. We were told Monday if we need the Tesco boat it is fri or sat morning this week and only have to advise them if we want to go. And Bertie's mum even offered a lift in her car to collect our car from the marina if we needed it. you would not get such kindness from 'street living' people!!

The Barley Mow pub af Cosgrove is good. We have eaten there many times abd not been disappointed. Beer is also well kept, although after today's visit to the doctors ever is off the menu.

During spring and summer the shop in the caravan park is a mine if useful stuff, food as well as other things. But the post office in the village closed some years ago.

Tescos and either Aldi or Netto are very near the canal.

Glad to see neither bertie or murphy have lost their scrounging abilities, despite both supposed to be on a diet! If you accept the offer of a lift with berties mum tell her to slow down, she drives far too fast!! Hopefully will be in the area this week end, will try and find you to say hi :rolleyes:

Glad to see neither bertie or murphy have lost their scrounging abilities, despite both supposed to be on a diet! If you accept the offer of a lift with berties mum tell her to slow down, she drives far too fast!! Hopefully will be in the area this week end, will try and find you to say hi :rolleyes:

lol yes they are sweet little dogs, we are going back to Billing Sat due to Joe having so much work to catch up on!! if you pass by do shout,