cat choices

Djuwenda

Featured Posts

My cat Satchidanander is a black tom,that was illtreated by his previous boat owner,he sort of moved in on my boat without permission,makes no contributions whatsoever with boathold chores,pays no rent,eats me out of boat and home,won't drink anything but rain water which i have to collect in bowls on the roof, and dramatically refuses eviction.He also snores very loudly.

I thought cats were supposed to be clean animals, but my landlady's shit all over the garden lawn outside my boat. They also bring mice into her house and stink the place out. A bloke I know has mice on his boat that his cat brought in - he hears them scratching under the floorboards and behind the cupboards. I think cat owners must get used to the smell - they're the only ones who don't seem to notice it. Anyway, I don't think I'll be getting one on my boat - lots of negatives and I'm not sure what the benefits are exactly?

The main benefit of having a cat is to your ego - you get to know your place very quickly & dont go around thinking highly of yourself for anything other than tin opening abilities.

Our cat Widmerpool is too clean to sit in his litter - he balances on the edge of the container, which means we have a paver in it to stop it tipping everywhere...he found a rat outside yesterday, but gave up when it was time to come in for lunch.

• Greenie 1

I thought cats were supposed to be clean animals, but my landlady's shit all over the garden lawn outside my boat. They also bring mice into her house and stink the place out. A bloke I know has mice on his boat that his cat brought in - he hears them scratching under the floorboards and behind the cupboards. I think cat owners must get used to the smell - they're the only ones who don't seem to notice it. Anyway, I don't think I'll be getting one on my boat - lots of negatives and I'm not sure what the benefits are exactly?

odd post. you either like having a cat/dog/budgie/wife/boyfriend around or you dont...

if you are down to creating a spreadsheet with arguments for and against, pets might just not be your thing?

• Greenie 1

Here another photo of mine, he's been on the boat once for a week when I was looking after him (parents were on holiday)... Took him a while to get used to it, but I think he would settle if he ever moved in...

6461537541_3c2531132a_z.jpg

Edited by Robbo

He has a very human-like expression! I think it's his mouth! Is he missing some teeth?

Only some back one's, still has his fangs! - he's about 17-18 in the photo (last year), so he's no youngster, lost his brother about 2 years ago (heart illness), also black, they were nicknamed Ronnie and Reggie by the dog walkers.

We have a male cat, he's quite timid and fairly young! we rescued him from the RSPCA at 5 weeks-he's OK in a nice 'cutting', not so keen on a tow-path that is frequented by dog walkers! This last trip he was clearly unhappy boating, and fearful when we moored.........not so sure it's ideal for him! however, we have two lovely cats in the marina who were born on a boat and appear to have adapted very well to life on the 'Cut'. If your cat is going to recognise the boat as his/her permanent home, then it should be OK! also, when they bring you mice-hey well rejoice it's a pressie and the cats happy.............On a positive note: they're a lovely companion and lifes too short-get a cat.....

Kind Regards,

Warrior Princess.

Edited by warrior princess

My cats appear to be able to get into the hull of my boat, I think by squeezing into a gap behind the gas locker.

I first realised this when I opened part of the cruiser stern flooring in order to connect the battery charger and saw a little face down by the engine looking back at me!

Shock of my life, and it's not something I am delighted about cos from now on I will have to make bloody sure all four of them are accounted for any time I want to take the boat out and not just assume their are 'out' if they are not 'in.'

Still, cats will always find a way and I am sure if I waste too much energy working out where they are getting in and try to block it, they will just find another loop hole.

My cats appear to be able to get into the hull of my boat, I think by squeezing into a gap behind the gas locker.

I first realised this when I opened part of the cruiser stern flooring in order to connect the battery charger and saw a little face down by the engine looking back at me!

Shock of my life, and it's not something I am delighted about cos from now on I will have to make bloody sure all four of them are accounted for any time I want to take the boat out and not just assume their are 'out' if they are not 'in.'

Still, cats will always find a way and I am sure if I waste too much energy working out where they are getting in and try to block it, they will just find another loop hole.

Put hobnail boots on them. Not only will it slow them down but you'll be able to hear where they are.

Look on the bright side...You now know where that draft is coming from !!