Midwheeeeze.

bizzard

Featured Posts

A couple of weeks ago the problem of keeping dry at the tiller of a trad type boat whilst chuggin about in the rain was mentioned.

Well here's a solution.

Buy the largest Mexican style Sombrero hat that you can find with a nice big rim.

Cut a hole in the back of the rim and glue in a length of plastic drainpipe firmly,hanging down at the back.

Put it on,adjust pipe behind you and fix to bracket at waist height.

Now the size of this hat should completely cover you,your hatchway everything and keep you nice and dry.

A bucket can be placed at pipe outlet to catch rain water,for topping up engine,heating systems,topping up batteries and for your cat to drink. If windy just tie a brick on top to hold it down.

And if waterproofed properly with the stuff you can get from a tent camping shop,will make a superb lifeboat or Coracle for fishing or something. bizzard. :closedeyes:

Sound idea, added to the "really usefull things to do" list.

In dry weather, would it be OK to tie the Sombrero to a length of rope & chuck it off the bow, to help with reversing?

Why, yes yes yes, brilliant idea, a ''Sea anchor''or a drogue. show orf with one of those alright. :clapping:

Would a black cowboy hat, a poncho and a cheroot be an acceptable alternative? "My narrowboat's gots the funny idea you're laughing at it." Might be a good tactic for dealing with bored spotty yoofs at locks.

Some folk have guns and some folks just dig.

Pulling in at a lock landing, turn to bemused passer by walking the family dog,"Get three coffins ready."

Leaving the lock, "My mistake make that four."

Yes i remember that one now. '

''For a fistful of dollars''.Brilliant films.

You could incorporate one of your "rear end steering cups" into the design, making it even more versatile.

Good idea,it could easily be attached where the pipe support bracket is.

Raindrops are falling on my head,de-de-dededede-de------.

Edited by bizzard