best kind of trip report??

ChrisR

Featured Posts

Trip reports (now often done as blogs) have their fans and enemies. But what I'm wondering is - for those who read them, or those who would like to but haven't seen any they like - -

Q: What sort of content or style makes for the kind of trip report you most like to read? Technical? About the landmarks and views? Or boat-y aspects of the experience, like mooring, shopping and pubs? Or just a well-told story? Or something else?

I still write mine long hand in a book. A days entry always startes with the date and weather - fine or wet, snow or wind. I'll then include any short anicdotes of things seen or witnessed or done. If we've dieseled up, I'll include where and how much (as whether we were forced to do the 60/40 split). I will also include any useful information such as bus routes and shops. At the end of the page I'll list number of locks, miles and swing bridges and whether or not we have good TV, internet and mobile reception.

Hope that helps.

Trip reports (now often done as blogs) have their fans and enemies. But what I'm wondering is - for those who read them, or those who would like to but haven't seen any they like - -

Q: What sort of content or style makes for the kind of trip report you most like to read? Technical? About the landmarks and views? Or boat-y aspects of the experience, like mooring, shopping and pubs? Or just a well-told story? Or something else?

Comedic ones

someone did a thread on here a few months back....maybe last year? It was brilliant, humerous, utterly non-informative, but a great read! Shame I forgot what it was!

How much help was that!!!!!?????? :rolleyes:

It's clearly time I was in bed!

Comedic ones

That's ok as long as something funny happens! As you'll know there are many days when it's just a routine cruise. One of my daily blogs said 'nothing happened today, here's some pictures'