To toss or not to Toss

kawaton

Featured Posts

ban the dogs.its the way to go.

i am amazed someone had the cheek to say bw should spend income on bins for dog crap.

the problem is not bw,s to solve ,they dont own the dogs.

keep the dogs on the boat or dont bring them along.

filthy dirty disease ridden crapis left everywhere along the towpaths,in towns it is getting worse.

as the councils employ wardens to combat the problem dog owners think it is ok to skulk down the canal side as they think no one will care.

i dread the summer months as not only is it stuck to your shoe the heat gives it the extra smell.

lose the dogs.

WELL !!! WE WOKE GAGGGGGGGGLE UP ANYWAY !!!!! :wacko::lol::lol:

ban the dogs.its the way to go.

lose the dogs.

Nah ....... animals have been here much longer than we have, ban the people :wacko:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a slightly more sensible, if less humurous note, I think dogs deposit in bushes and the like because it is harder to remove. This is NOT to spite us, as it may first appear, but to try to leave their scent more permenantly. Dogs try to extend their territory, and that is their third priority (their first being food, and the second, not to expend energy) It is also the reason many naturally do it to the side of the path, something many of us DO find acceptable.

'plop' straight in!

Is it OK if I do it that way as well? and you, and everyone else on the waterways. Think of the saving in pump outs!

the problem is not bw,s to solve ,they dont own the dogs.

Gaggle sits at one extreme end of the debate, but this is a problem for dog owners to address and no one else should be asked to pay for it.

animals have been here much longer than we have, ban the people

No, lets kill all vertebrates! in fact anything with more than one cell! No no, life itself!

Will you lot give it up?

I'm supposed to be working here, but I'm spending most of my time wondering what outlandish idea you're all going to come up with next!

I never thought dog poo could be so interesting!

I need to get out more....

Janet x

filthy dirty disease ridden crapis left everywhere along the towpaths,in towns it is getting worse.

tut....scousers!!

What do them poor dogs have to put up with up there :wacko:

the problem is not bw,s to solve ,they dont own the dogs

No, but they own the towpath, and they choose to allow dogs to foul the towpath on the condition owners clean up. If they want to encourage more owners to clean up, then there should be more bins.

Either that or ban dogs from tow paths, and that aint NEVER gonna happen because of the amount of visitors they would lose.

So gaggle, rather than try to troll the thread wíth your extremist views, why dont you contribute with something usefull and answer the question with something befitting an intelligent response, that will help dog owners keep YOU happy.

How about banning CC'ing because some people break the rules? we dont want that to happen now do we.

So why suggest banning dogs because some owners break the rules?

come on gaggle...chill out, enjoy your new boat (despite the problems), sit back and watch the Blues v Liverpool match (0-7)....i can send you a copy. Was at the game (as a liverpool fan) sitting in the birmingham end...never saw so many people cry at once :lol:

Edited by kawaton

Now I'm in a real dilemma! My dog is a rescue dog and since being quite young has had a 'convenient' habit of backing his backside deep into the bush or long grass at the edge of a footpath, of course I would bag and dispose it in the correct manner, (as opposed to the already mentioned 'hanging on hook' method which I too, find extremely irritating,) however, over the past year or so as nearly all his walks involve towpaths the bush has become substituted for the canal itself and he has created many laughs by reversing his backside delicately over the edge of the cut and releasing a gently 'plop' straight in!

Now I seek advice and counsel - I have allowed this habit to continue and have even been known to praise him when he does it, should I now stop him, reprimand and re-train him, or am I socially acceptable to continue encouraging this naturally developed talent?? :lol:

I absolutely can't stop finding this intensly amusing!!!!!!! :wacko:

edit: Have you got a video to show us?

Edited by Bones

Oh well sod it ive got a dog so i might as well join in.

I always clean up after him accept when he backs into a bush and ends up with half of it on his arse and on the bush making it impossible to pick up as its squashed everywhere.

He then drags his arse along the floor with his backs legs up off the groung in a sitting position with a daft look on his face with his lipstick out then jumps up and scarpers.

IM left speechless.

Here in Tameside I see no reason why the Wardens cant clean the mess up as they do little else for society other than make the system money abusing tax payers.

Alternatively offenders who get community service could be ordered to clean up along with gum that none of us think twice about spitting everywhere.

Near Portland basin there are no bins for anything never mind dog bins so it gets carried a fair old distance.

I have the ultimate solution....

Changing the dogs diet in order to limit the indigestable component (and thus the brown smelly stuff) will lead to the white non smelly stuff. Which, as far as I am concerned is not that much of a bother. It is the smell I object to, and particularly when owners think it is appropriate for their dogs watercloset to be right next to my mooring pins.

In addition, it seems that the biological clock is quite routine in its timing. Therefore, by timing the walk to be just AFTER the dog needs the lavatory, it would be possible for the dog owner to ensure they are in a place prior to the walk, but at the appropriate dog excrement production and release time, that is not public - ideally their own back garden. This has several advantages including not having to clear up the mess, not stepping in the mess, and not having to engage with canine bums when out in t' country.

Perfect. :wacko:

Edited by Bones

LOL.

IM sure non dog owners have plenty of antisocial habits some of which would include a cat.

The bottom line is if dogs were never domesticated and fed then you would have something to complain about.

I dont smoke but i still have to tolerate smokers.

IM sure there has been plenty of occasions when you have taken a leak outside.

You dont have a dog!

Get over it and do something important like preventing this goverment dragging us into WW3.

You would think living on a boat would chill people out but it just seems to make them even more anal.

People moaning about a beast that has been here longer than us like they have a right to whatever next.

Edited by anthony

Antony - re your reply on p3 of my system (this thread now on p4). That bum-dragging movement you describe is a symptom of WORMS!! TO THE VET - PRONTO!!

It doesnt always mean worms.

It could also be that the anal glands are impacted....which also means a trip to the vet.

Or more commonly...it could be that abnormal materials are adhered to the anal area (hair mats or fecal material). The dog is just trying to get it off.

Dogs need to eat offal as part of there diet. Sadly its lacking as most owners use tinned or dry food.

So the dogs go in search of it themselves.

Try feeding the dog on tripe, once a week. I have found that this stops them eating / sniffing every foul thing they come across, thus reducing the risk of abnormal materials being eaten.......and in turn reduces risk of worms.

Try feeding him on a few chicken wings, UNCOOKED. this is also very good for the digestive system. Not to mention the fact that a compulsory part of the diet for a healthy dog is bones!

(not THE bones.... :wacko: i wouldnt encourage dogs to try and eat YOU))

Edited by kawaton