I'm on the Radio Wednesday 9:30

nbtafelberg

Featured Posts

For those that can listen I'll be on Premier Radio 9:30 am 26th March.

1305 1335 or 1413 am

Through the web at

http://www.premier.org.uk

And I think its on Freeview and Sky digital.

I'm talking about Living on a boat as a Christian I THINK at this stage.

Paul

does it make a difference if you aren't?

Something about walking on water ....I think..... :wacko:

OOooh! That means the water might become more drinkeable and the fishing more successful! I had better tune in for some ultimate tips!

Something about walking on water ....I think..... :wacko:

Unless youre a Baptist - then you go under . . .

How did it go Paul? - I read your post too late to listen. Last time I was interviewed for TV, they took about 15 mins, and I was on air for about 30 seconds!!!

its THIS wednesday.

It all started because I complained that one of the guys said that people who live alternative lifestyles live off of the goveernment. I put them right and they asked me to do an interview!

It's really I think they are fascinated that Christian's live on boats....

We'll see.

It makes you wonder what the general perception of liveaboards is... do people think we're all pagans, or given to gnawing the heads off live chickens?

If Jesus was around today, perhaps he'd have been a residential boater... simple lifestyle, ease of travel etc. And as a carpenter, his skills would be helpful with all those tricky fitting out jobs.

Good luck with the broadcast.

Edited by Breals

It makes you wonder what the general perception of liveaboards is... do people think we're all pagans, or given to gnawing the heads off live chickens?

If Jesus was around today, perhaps he'd have been a residential boater... simple lifestyle, ease of travel etc. And as a carpenter, his skills would be helpful with all those tricky fitting out jobs.

Good luck with the broadcast.

perhaps next weeks slot will be from the local vicar! 'what it is like to be a vicar who believes in God' :wacko:

Bones makes a sharp exit left grabbing lightening conductor on the way!!!!

Edited by Bones

Hope it goes well Paul, I listen to Premier a lot through the freeview and my dad has been interviwed several times on there but unfortunately I won't be able to listen at that time - any chance of a recording and internet access at a later date? For those not in the know - it's a Christian radio station which is why it wants that particular slant. It's good to hear of another Christian liveaboard.

Andy <><

this alternative lifestyle biz,apart from living on a boat i cant see it as being any more unusual than living in a block of flats,caravan or above a shop rather than a terraced house.

i may be wrong in my perception but it seems some people think having a boat on the canal makes them somehow different from the rest of the general public,more so the liveaboards.

the man who walks the country naked and gets put in jail,now his lifestyle to me is (alternative) in that his choice not to wear clothes is different to most of us,it is unusual and different.

i would certainly not describe myself as having an alternative lifestyle or a strange choice of hobby because i became involved in boating.

sorry clevitt but liveaboards do tend in my opinion to see themselves as different and strange especially the younger set,the old pensioners who live on the boats and are cc,s doing the system dont seem to have the same perception.

as for being a christian liveaboard i dont see that it makes any difference,if you were a devil worshipper what would change.

the christian outlook i take it does not extend to being charitable in your feeling towards the people without mooring permits or licence,s.

peace love and goodwill to others were things i was taught as a catholic "christian" person,i do not say i practise all i was taught and i wont pretend i do.

We're all different, fortunately.

As I take my newcomer's tentative first steps amongst this forum, the thing that has impressed me most so far is the total diversity of the contributors. My personal opinion is that, in any facet of one's life, it's the people and their personalities that make up the major part of the enjoyment.

I find the banter of this thread so far just as enjoyable as the technical stuff. Not as much use maybe, but just as enjoyable.

All I'm saying is...

If you are interested and want to listen thats great, if not, don't bother!

I just thought people might be interested when canals get in the media in any way?

yep, good to know! If I can tune in I will listen to what it has to say. I hope it goes well and you get to say what you want to!

I find the banter of this thread so far just as enjoyable as the technical stuff. Not as much use maybe, but just as enjoyable.

Hey, but if you became a Christian you would consider it MUCH more use . . .

But maybe that's asking too much of a Discussion Forum!