fuel boat

jenlyn

Featured Posts

That list is not much good for Berkhamsted, as the traders there are not as it lists.

I tried to get it corrected, but there were "reasons" why that was not possible.

The two most likely to trade in Berko are "Towcester" (Julia) and more recently "Hyperion".

Generally "Archimedes" and "Ara" are not that far up, but it can happen.

"Bletchley" and "Argus" have moved on...........

That list is not much good for Berkhamsted, as the traders there are not as it lists.

I tried to get it corrected, but there were "reasons" why that was not possible.

The two most likely to trade in Berko are "Towcester" (Julia) and more recently "Hyperion".

Generally "Archimedes" and "Ara" are not that far up, but it can happen.

"Bletchley" and "Argus" have moved on...........

I think you,ll find the two you list for Berekhamstead there is a least one on the list so whats the point your making

Edited by soldthehouse

I think you,ll find the two you list for Berekhamstead there is a least one on the list so whats the point your making

Well I certainly can't see Hyperion in that list.

But I acknowledge that I didn't know it has finally been able to be updated to show Towcester covering that town. There was an issue with a previous trader on the stretch, it seemed, and the list owner was not at the time able to list the actual situation. It seems that in the very recent weeks it has finally been acknowledged.

But I still can't see Hyperion (second check, before I get it wrong again!).

If someone would like to give me the details of Hyperion, I will add it to the list.

Alan - the list does say that Bletchley and Argus are reported to be trading elsewhere. If you know the details about Hyperion, perhaps you could pass them on to me?

The listing for Towcester has recently been updated to include Berkhamsted.

It is very difficult to keep a list like that up to date when someone tells you that a trader has moved elsewhere, you contact the trader to enquire what his current situation is and get an abusive response.

If someone says "I think this boat has stopped trading" I need to check that out first rather than publish something that may not be correct. I have sometimes been sent information that is not strictly accurate.

I would welcome all information about fuel boats to keep that list up to date. Without your help the list cannot be useful.

It is very easy to criticise a list like this. Perhaps someone else would like to take it on/

It is very easy to criticise a list like this. Perhaps someone else would like to take it on/

Martin,

For clarity, it was certainly not my intention to criticise you or the list.

As you know, I fed you information that was after all quite correct, but for some reason a particular trader took umbrage.

I still have no idea why that might have been, although it did also result in you being fairly harsh on me at the time, despite my best intentions that the list be kept as useful as possible! :rolleyes:

Your efforts are appreciated, and I note someone else has sent Hyperion details.

Details for Hyperion:

M and P Canal Carrying Co

tel: 07415298381

email: mandpcarrying@yahoo.co.uk

Regards

Ditchdabbler

Thanks for that, Ditchdabbler. Hyperion is now on the list.

Do you know the extent of its trading area? Grand Union South? From where to where? Anywhere else?

Does it sell coal and/or diesel? Solid fuel? Anything else?

Martin,

For clarity, it was certainly not my intention to criticise you or the list.

As you know, I fed you information that was after all quite correct, but for some reason a particular trader took umbrage.

I still have no idea why that might have been, although it did also result in you being fairly harsh on me at the time, despite my best intentions that the list be kept as useful as possible! :rolleyes:

Your efforts are appreciated, and I note someone else has sent Hyperion details.

I am indeed grateful for the information you have given me, Alan. I thought I had already apologised for being "harsh". In my defence I had just received an ear-bashing for following up the information, as you know! The particular trader refused to tell me where he is now and didn't seem to think I should be trying to run such a page. I would have thought traders would be glad that there was some way for people travelling on unfamilar waters to find out if there is a fuel boat operating in that area. There are mobile phone numbers for most of the traders, so they can be contacted to find out just where they are at any given time, or when they might be passing a mooring.

My grumble earlier was not aimed entirely at you, Alan! There have been previous threads where people have complained that the list is out of date. As I have said before, the list is only as good as the information people send to me!

Thanks for that, Ditchdabbler. Hyperion is now on the list.

Do you know the extent of its trading area? Grand Union South? From where to where? Anywhere else?

Does it sell coal and/or diesel? Solid fuel? Anything else?

Not too sure of exact details but when we locked down with Hyperion a week or so ago he mentioned that he trades as far north as Marsworth but how far South he goes I am not sure. I know he moors at Cowley.

He sells diesel and coal but not gas. I do not recall him selling anything else.

Hope this helps

Ditchdabbler

Thanks all, Phil caught me at Bullbourne on Saturday. :cheers:

Just as well you found him, as I doubt you would have had much luck with Julia on Towcester.

The reason I say that is we passed Towcester tied op earlier today on the Staffs and Worcs, somewhere just North of The Bratch!

Curiously also with it was Argus, the butty that used to operate with Bletchley in the Berko area.

Very curious!