New window problem

Featured Posts

Why is does my google open a new page and open a new page on CWDF page when I click a link?

It never used to

Alex

I don't understand what you mean.

I presume you mean your browser rather than Google - what browser are you using?

What do you mean by "open a new page and open a new page on CWDF page" ?

What sort of link are you clicking?

Edited by Robin2

DO you mean that when you click on a link it opens up a new browser window?

What browser are you using? Firefox? It'll be in your options somewhere maybe It may have been changed by an update.

Mine usually open in a new tab but sometimes they don't so i think you can make the links different as well eg depending if you just c&p the link or use the embed link tool

Using Google Chrome as a browser, clicking on a link within CWDF it opens in a new tab - which I like.

Edit because the letter E key on my laptop has become super-sensitive & gives me too many of them if I'm not careful.

Edited by Keeping Up

Using Google Chrome as a browser, clicking on a link within CWDF it opens in a new tab - which I like.

Edit because the letter E key on my laptop has become super-sensitive & gives me too many of them if I'm not careful.

Thats about it

It opens the new link in a new tab and takes me there, but also opens the link on CWDF page and I loose the CWDF page.

So I am not sure which is the original CWDF page until I find a page where I can refresh back.

I only use Google

Alex

Thats about it

It opens the new link in a new tab and takes me there, but also opens the link on CWDF page and I loose the CWDF page.

So I am not sure which is the original CWDF page until I find a page where I can refresh back.

I only use Google

Alex

Change to another browser if Chrome does not do it for you - that's what competition is all about (Opera, Firefox or the one whose name one dare not mention)

Thats about it

I only use Google

Alex

Well that certainly isn't how mine does it. It opens the link on a new tab, but leaves the original page untouched.

I do seem to remember having a similar problem with CWDF after it's software was last updated, and when I checked I found that my Google Chrome needed updating. Have you tried doing that (it's on the Wrench menu under "About Google Chrome")

Well that certainly isn't how mine does it. It opens the link on a new tab, but leaves the original page untouched.

I do seem to remember having a similar problem with CWDF after it's software was last updated, and when I checked I found that my Google Chrome needed updating. Have you tried doing that (it's on the Wrench menu under "About Google Chrome")

Thanks for all the reply's. Its probably time for a change - I'll download Google Chrome.

Thanks again

Alex

Clicking on a link with the scroll wheel/middle button should open that link in a new tab rather than a new window. Clicking on a tab with the middle button closes that tab too which saves having to select it then select the cross.

Edited by wiltshire_boy

hi mine has started doing this as well, but only since i upgraded to ie9, so it must be a setting in that.if i find out what it is i'll post it here (unless someone else solves it for us first)

Excactly the same here. (IE 9) Using the scroll wheel to click on a link does work but seems to only put the new page minimized (if that makes sense). Look forward to a solution if anyone finds one.

Dave

ETA It only happens on this web site.

Edited by DaveC

• 1 month later...

This site (CWDF) does some strange things on IE9 if you don't view it in compatibility mode (the jagged icon at the right hand end of the address bar).

If it's showing as grey in colour, click it so that it turns blue. It will remember the setting for the future and should cure all sorts of odd problems.

This site (CWDF) does some strange things on IE9 if you don't view it in compatibility mode (the jagged icon at the right hand end of the address bar).

If it's showing as grey in colour, click it so that it turns blue. It will remember the setting for the future and should cure all sorts of odd problems.

Allan

Well I didn't realise that I had somehow changed to compatability view but I must have! That is why the problem was resolved. I checked by "unclicking" cv and it was as before so now it's back to compatabilty view and all is well. Thanks for the info.

Dave