Wharever next will we pull out of the cut?

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

Ok this was last night after a pretty long trip, we always try to remove stuff we can handle wherever possible, yesterday was no different, a racing canoe (broken in two), substantial length of net curtains, and - - - a NHS wheelchair (without a patient)!!!

Was handy to carry the bags of prop rubbish on!!

Posed with crew members Stefan Sculz and Keith Grice of CanalScape-BCN

gallery_5000_522_52473.jpg

Edited by Laurence Hogg

Ok this was last night after a pretty long trip, we always try to remove stuff we can handle wherever possible, yesterday was no different, a racing canoe (broken in two), substantial length of net curtains, and - - - a NHS wheelchair (without a patient)!!!

Nifty bit of mooring too, that will sort the cyclists out.

Nifty bit of mooring too, that will sort the cyclists out.

Thats Broad st Basin Wolverhampton no cyclists there also its the water point, we moved to offload to the skip before changing over to the maintenance side.

The NHS loses thousands if not millions of pounds every year simply because it does not have a proper system for the issue and recall of the appliances it loans to people..

can you imagine love film having the same system...they'd have gone under years ago.

The NHS loses thousands if not millions of pounds every year simply because it does not have a proper system for the issue and recall of the appliances it loans to people..

:smiley_offtopic:

And because it isn't geared up to taking that equipment back, even when people try to do the right thing......

When I smashed my pelvis, I was dealt with exclusively be "West Herts Hospitals", going first to the Hemel Hempstead one. However I was actually taken into Watford General (eventually!), part of the same hospital.

On discharge to home, I was sent of with my elaborate "walking frame", but all care then transerred back to Hemel.

Once no longer needed, I enquired about returning my frame to Hemel, (easier and closer), but when I tried to hand it in there, was told that because none of their "physio"s were trained up in instructing in it's use, it was no good to them, and that no proper system existed for them to return it to Watford.

After protesting a bit, they agreed eventually to take it, but I suspect that may just have been to get rid of me, and that this (brand new) item probably got skipped.

I face a similar sitauation with equipment issued to my mother - in several cases I have no idea where it was issued from, so have little hope of returning it somewhere where it will get reused.

Also, apparently, nothing can be returned to a ward it was issued from, because of potential infection issues. Probably fair enough, I guess, but you do seem to have to jump through hoops to return stuff.

[Rant ends!]

I suppose I could just post some pictures of some stuff on here, and see if anyone can make use of aids for the frail and elderly!

EDITED TO ADD:

This also turned out to be a moderately expensive bt of kit that the NHS has "lost". However, by the time we got it off our prop, I decided not to try and return it........

IMG_0284.jpg

Edited by alan_fincher

And because it isn't geared up to taking that equipment back, even when people try to do the right thing......

yup - bloody pathetic is it not...

A simple bar code and scanner system is all that is required...

I can chip my dog so he can be found and relocated any where in the UK but I can;t do the same with a walking stick I might need for a few weeks...

yup - bloody pathetic is it not...

A simple bar code and scanner system is all that is required...

I can chip my dog so he can be found and relocated any where in the UK but I can;t do the same with a walking stick I might need for a few weeks...

Oh, I'm sure they could manage to engage some third party to ostensibly write a sophisticated system to manage it for not too many millions of pounds.

Of course after spending the original budget 10 times over, another set of third party consultants would then be brought in to do a very expensive study that showed that the original design concept was flawed, and that the project should be abandoned........

(Moi ? - views jaundiced by a working life in the computer world?....... Never!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

Oh, I'm sure they could manage to engage some third party to ostensibly write a sophisticated system to manage it for not too many millions of pounds.

Of course after spending the original budget 10 times over, another set of third party consultants would then be brought in to do a very expensive study that showed that the original design concept was flawed, and that the project should be abandoned........

(Moi ? - views jaundiced by a working life in the computer world?....... Never!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

That's how it works Alan.

The simple solutions stare some people on the ground floor or close to it, in the face.

It gets over analysed put before numerous committees and boards and the idea is eventually killed.

It works at that level and the same level that prevents somebody ordering printer cartridges from the little computer shop down the road from their local hospital at half or even a third of the price from that which NHS logistics can supply the same item....

There is a system in place that works well if followed.

The physio that supplied the item should explain that when the item is no longer needed they should be called so that their central supply storage can pick it up at your convenience.

There are different types of physio for different reasons (child, older adults, general etc), one does not know which supply depot to call if they don't work in that area, and to be honest the one's you spoke to sound like they couldn't be bothered to find out.

(takes nursing hat off and runs)

Joy x

There is a system in place that works well if followed.

The problem Joy is that many staff do not know or care how to operate the system...

Items issued by the NHS are unfortunately treated as use 'em dispose of them...

That's how it works Alan.

The simple solutions stare some people on the ground floor or close to it, in the face.

It gets over analysed put before numerous committees and boards and the idea is eventually killed.

It works at that level and the same level that prevents somebody ordering printer cartridges from the little computer shop down the road from their local hospital at half or even a third of the price from that which NHS logistics can supply the same item....

Having run a large IT project in the NHS, I'm amazed that any money is left for the inconvenience of healthcare...

did "THAT" mattress ever get dragged out..............

Yes, and she's now dressed in a sari - with two coconuts shoved down the front so you can tell which is the front- and working in the unSTABLE bar. ( Oh, and her name's Cheryl) However, she is still looking for love (the bent double in 'Equipment' turned out to be too fickle) so if you know of a like-minded male mattress, who'd like to start a relationship- with a possible view to mattressmony- send him along.

Yes, and she's now dressed in a sari - with two coconuts shoved down the front so you can tell which is the front- and working in the unSTABLE bar. ( Oh, and her name's Cheryl) However, she is still looking for love (the bent double in 'Equipment' turned out to be too fickle) so if you know of a like-minded male mattress, who'd like to start a relationship- with a possible view to mattressmony- send him along.

Is she on matressifinity.com ??

I can't seem bring up her profile..

Seems BW have finally begun to make the bottom of their canals wheelchair accessible. It shows their sincere enthusiasm in complying with the DDA 1995/Equalities Act 2010!

(Before long they'll realise wot the f*ck do they need the water for, and force all boats to have wheels!)

Edited by fender