Droitwich Canals

clovey

Featured Posts

Thinking of going through the 2 Droitwich Canals, I know the info in guides is normally OK but I'm looking to moor somewhere near junction with the Severn on the Barge canal, preferably near a bit of human habitation IE not a wilderness mooring. Anybody been through there and have got any ideas?

Thinking of going through the 2 Droitwich Canals, I know the info in guides is normally OK but I'm looking to moor somewhere near junction with the Severn on the Barge canal, preferably near a bit of human habitation IE not a wilderness mooring. Anybody been through there and have got any ideas?

The only moorings on the Droitwich Canals are in Droitwich Basin. There's some pontoons when you get out on the Severn, not sure what the time restrictions are but there's not much in the way of habitation nearby.

The only moorings on the Droitwich Canals are in Droitwich Basin. There's some pontoons when you get out on the Severn, not sure what the time restrictions are but there's not much in the way of habitation nearby.

I thought they were private

One is the lock landing and one is waiting (on the basis that if you wait on the lock landing the boat in the lock can't get out. The waiting one should have a gate on it prevent landside access/egress, the lack of such led a to a few problems before the canal opened

There is an intention to put visitor moorings above Lock 2 (the pound between one and two has no water supply and floods) but these aren't in yet. There is nothing here apart from a few houses and, it must be said, some good walks

It is a bit of a shame you can't stop at Salwarpe, tis a pretty village, although the only way to be parted from your money is to put it in the church collection.

One is the lock landing and one is waiting (on the basis that if you wait on the lock landing the boat in the lock can't get out. The waiting one should have a gate on it prevent landside access/egress, the lack of such led a to a few problems before the canal opened

There is an intention to put visitor moorings above Lock 2 (the pound between one and two has no water supply and floods) but these aren't in yet. There is nothing here apart from a few houses and, it must be said, some good walks

It is a bit of a shame you can't stop at Salwarpe, tis a pretty village, although the only way to be parted from your money is to put it in the church collection.

There was a proposal to dig out Chawson Basin, This would furnish moorings and a winding hole for wide-beam barges which can't negotiate the Armco tunnel under the railway. I'm not sure where this features in current priorities.

• 2 weeks later...