Need advice from Plods

Picard

Featured Posts

Hi, one for the Plods, just about to move onto my NB. Just a quick question, can I take my seven Samurai swords with me? Only for display, (honest), is this legal?

Wouldn't it be more sensible to ask the police directly for their opinion, although I wouldn't call them plods directly. I think they might be a little sensitive, and also I would expect the answer to be why do you need to display 7 Samurai swords on a boat? Asking here will not answer your question.

Howard

Hi, one for the Plods, just about to move onto my NB. Just a quick question, can I take my seven Samurai swords with me? Only for display, (honest), is this legal?

Legal possibly...

but why??

Wouldn't it be more sensible to ask the police directly for their opinion, although I wouldn't call them plods directly. I think they might be a little sensitive, and also I would expect the answer to be why do you need to display 7 Samurai swords on a boat? Asking here will not answer your question.

Howard

Whooooops sooooo sorry, thought there might be somone who would know if I could take some Samurai swords aboard. I'm sure that any Plods looking in would not take offence.

Packing up my home, takeing as much as I can, but just making sure I'm legal. Is that too much to ask?

Not at all but why ask here - ask at your local police station. Just don't expect them to give you the answer you want.

Howard

Packing up my home, takeing as much as I can, but just making sure I'm legal. Is that too much to ask?

Of Course not..

But thinking about it, perhaps you may need to to reword your question..

Dont think its illegal but you cant take them outside as in the street, I can check for you but not till next weekend,we have three of em and never had a problem except they collect dust, make sure they are well fastnened on the wall or were ever you hang them they slip out of the covers really easy with boat rocking and depending where you have then you can catch yourself on them and pull them out of there covers (dont know the proper name for the covers)just been told its a scabbard :rolleyes:

Edited by romarni123

Just thought that there might be Plod (no offence), on CWDF that could give me a quick answer.

Don't get me wrong - I often refer to the fuzz as the 'plod' - or the 'rozzers'.

I just though you might get a better response...

Just thought that there might be Plod (no offence), on CWDF that could give me a quick answer.

There are a few ex-policemen on CWDF - I'm sure one will be along soon to give you their opinion.

You're perfectly entitled to ask the question on here - I've no idea why Martin's taken umbrage.

ETA cross posted with Martin - understand now :)

Edited by Ange
  • Greenie 1

There are a few ex-policemen on CWDF - I'm sure one will be along soon to give you their opinion.

You're perfectly entitled to ask the question on here - I've no idea why Martin's taken umbrage.

Beancounter... :P

Hi, did not think just a simple question would cause so much discussion, this is one of the reasons I do not ask questions on this forum.

Tis the nature of the beast sometimes. The secret is to ignore any replies that don't help you and wait for the ones that do - they will come because there's a lot of very helpful people on the forum with a wealth of knowledge - you just have to ignore the ones that just seem to want a fight :rolleyes:

• Greenie 2

Tis the nature of the beast sometimes. The secret is to ignore any replies that don't help you and wait for the ones that do - they will come because there's a lot of very helpful people on the forum with a wealth of knowledge - you just have to ignore the ones that just seem to want a fight :rolleyes:

Thank you for that, yes I could have gone to a Police Station, but, (mistakenly), thought I would have got an informed answer. Trust me I won't make that mistake again.

Hi, did not think just a simple question would cause so much discussion, this is one of the reasons I do not ask questions on this forum.

I don't think a Samurai sword would be a useful tool for removing rubbish from your prop. It would be too long to get down most weed-hatches.

Edited by PhilR

or use a less derogatory term for those you are asking the help of...

Sorry Martin but you could have made that point a lot quicker than you did. And why he wants to keep the swords is his business - my husband collects pint glasses that he never drinks out of - that's his business too.

Edited for appalling grammar

Edited by Ange