bw licence

bux

Featured Posts

can anyone help, my son is about to buy a boat the bw licence is still running for a year, can this licence be transfered from the previous owners name to the would be new owner my sons name?????? hope some one can answer this

I think Alan may be right ;)

but definitely tell BW the change of ownership, they can then send the next reminder to the correct address and if you pay quick enough a discount is available.

I think Alan may be right ;)

but definitely tell BW the change of ownership, they can then send the next reminder to the correct address and if you pay quick enough a discount is available.

Strictly if you study it, the change of ownership form should be sent by the previous owner.

I guess in part this stops them being liable for anything the new owner subsequently does.

I think it's no harm to tell them yourselves too, though, if only to ensure you get the next renewal correctly, and can claim the discount.

(Several months after we bought Sickle the previous owner still has it openly for sale, and has not responded to requests to mark it on "the Duck" as sold...... We are getting rather fed up with people approaching us expressing an interest in buying! :banghead:)

Bear in mind that the old owners may be paying for the license by installments. If this is the case, then you may have problems transferring the license. Otherwise, all you have to do is get the old owner, or broker, to notify BW of the change of ownership. The license stays with the boat and the reminder will be sent to the new owner.

I just bought my first boat this week. I bought it from a private seller and we completed a change of ownership/address form from the Environment Agency (Anglia). I competed a vessel registration-direct debit application form as well and sent them both off. The seller was paying by direct debit so I will be paying the last couple of installments. The EA were very helpful.