Replacing upholstery

gilby

Featured Posts

We have an L shaped seating arrangement in our boat that desperatly needs reupholstering. Any suggestions for sensibly priced suppliers in the east midlands?

We are after finished articles as opposed to foam suppliers.

Many thanks.

We have an L shaped seating arrangement in our boat that desperatly needs reupholstering. Any suggestions for sensibly priced suppliers in the east midlands?

We are after finished articles as opposed to foam suppliers.

Many thanks.

We have just had our (similar) seating re-covered by a local family firm for the cost of £550 and they made an excellent job of it. Not a great help to you as we are located in the southeast, but it may give some idea of costs. Perhaps we paid too much, we didn't shop around, but we are pleased with the work.

We have just had our (similar) seating re-covered by a local family firm for the cost of £550 and they made an excellent job of it. Not a great help to you as we are located in the southeast, but it may give some idea of costs. Perhaps we paid too much, we didn't shop around, but we are pleased with the work.

Where about in the south east are you ? We have family in Essex so not unrealistic, that seems a reasonable price to me as both me and the mrs would only make a bodge of a DIY attempt.

Sam who lives on Verbena (recently ex Vienna) currently at Alvecote has done a suberb job on the cushions in Brightons cabin. She also does ropework, covers etc. I'll get her number and update it here.

Where about in the south east are you ? We have family in Essex so not unrealistic, that seems a reasonable price to me as both me and the mrs would only make a bodge of a DIY attempt.

Yes it's not really a DIY job. We are almost as far southeast as you can get, in Folkestone. Part of the problem we found was transporting the cushions, they take up a surprising amount of room in the car, especially the triangular cornerpiece.

When I happened to mention that the covers were zipped at the back, they explained that it was quicker and cheaper to fit a zip than to handstitch the closures.