Regent’s Canal towpath row

Featured Posts

You're being an ignorant self-centred dog owner.

There are many other creatures on the towpath (and other public places) from small domestic animals (e.g. cats, rabbits, chickens) , and a multitude of wild animals.

And children

Non of these should be prey to the attentions of dogs running without a lead.

It's about time you brushed up on your social responsibilities

Ignorant? Of what? Are the millions of other dog loving owners in this country also in this category? You know nothing about me or my dog.

Please don't stereotype dogs in to this one, mean 'foul chasing', child and guide dog hating/attacking category.

We have two young children that our dog loves and adores and the feeling is mutual.

You don't come across as a dog owner , but, unlike you, I wouldn't want to make any assumptions.

Where are we meant to walk our dogs off the lead, if we don't have access to private land? How is cruel is it to keep a dog on the lead at all times? Surely this ranks the same as keeping a chicken in a battery farm, or a cow in a barn and never letting it see the light of day. A dogs natural instinct is to explore it's environment and enjoy its time outside swimming in the river or fetching a ball or stick.

Our dog is an extension of our family and reflects our personalities and the way we treat her.

Best regards

Darren

Pump out or cassette? Went into the pub tonight ( not our local) with our Shepherd and jack russell cross puppy, all fine with two other couples both had well behaved dogs, couple came in with Staffie that couldn't handle the presence of other dogs and they had to leave. With dogs comes responsibility but also like all other aspects of life flexibility. I think I would keep my dogs on a lead in a crowded area but in Tixall wide where I am now they run free and I put them on a lead when I see another dog, asi can't trust the other dog. I don't like the idea we need alawfor this, or notto drop litter, or not to stay more than 48 hrs or moor on water point.laws are unenforceable if not supported by the majority.

Where are we meant to walk our dogs off the lead, if we don't have access to private land?

You really don't get it do you?

If you lack access to a suitable location to let the dog off the lead, don't have a dog.