Shower Tray

Frankieboy

Featured Posts

I'm wanting an 800mm quadrant shower. Builder pointed out that many household ones are too tall for nb fit. The one I planned to use was 1850mm tall but had a relatively deep tray making total height above available 6'3" at edges of roof.

Have found another from Homebase, same height but with shallower tray, the 800mm version "Aqualux Mist" white quadrant shower/tray 800 x 800 x 1905mm inc.tray. Hoping this will just fit.

Edited by richardhula

Fitted a 900x700 and the bathroom floor was dropped to just a couple of inches off the hull so that we can squeeze an 1850x700 shower door in.

Low profile shower trays might not suit due to the list/pitch of the boat and the sloshing of water. Depends on your pump/extraction setup and how well sealed your shower is.

I used a JT Ultracast tray (1200 x 900) on my barge. The tray is 80mm high and with a Niko Sienna Quadrant shower enclosure (@ 1850mm high)it has a total hight of 1930mm - just 5mm under the lowest part of the ceiling! I didn't have to inset the tray into the floor but I did re-enforce the floor under it. The whole thing is pretty heavy but added some much needed ballast in that area!

One of the good things about the JT Ultracast tray is that it takes a 50mm waste unlike many 'domestic' trays now on the market. So I was able to use the Whale Gulley IC waste (SG3248B) also 50mm with the Gulper IC pump.

JT do a range of trays in different sizes and Niko do loads of different enclosures/doors.

JT Trays

Niko Shower Enclosures

Whale IC

Colin

I used a JT Ultracast tray (1200 x 900) on my barge. The tray is 80mm high and with a Niko Sienna Quadrant shower enclosure (@ 1850mm high)it has a total hight of 1930mm - just 5mm under the lowest part of the ceiling! I didn't have to inset the tray into the floor but I did re-enforce the floor under it. The whole thing is pretty heavy but added some much needed ballast in that area!

One of the good things about the JT Ultracast tray is that it takes a 50mm waste unlike many 'domestic' trays now on the market. So I was able to use the Whale Gulley IC waste (SG3248B) also 50mm with the Gulper IC pump.

Colin

Are you happy with the way the IC aspect works? I enquired about purchasing one of these from a major chandler and was firmly encouraged to go for the non-IC equivalent and I didn't think to ask why. Now I am getting nearer to installing my shower I wish I had.

We generally fit 800x800 quadrants unless asked otherwise, but I have a 900x800 in my own. We use low profile bases fitted flush to the floor and get an 1850 high shower in at the edge of the inner boat that way. We use good quality gulper pumps and it seems to work very well.

Are you happy with the way the IC aspect works? I enquired about purchasing one of these from a major chandler and was firmly encouraged to go for the non-IC equivalent and I didn't think to ask why. Now I am getting nearer to installing my shower I wish I had.

Very happy! It all went in without any problems and works well. Must admit the gulper does 'gulp' quite loudly until the water is flowing but other then that, I'd certainly fit one again. I also have a manual override switch just in case but never used it (the connection is already provided with the pump). They are expensive at retail prices but I get a good deal from Whale so it was crazy not to go for it in my case. Don't know why your chandler encouraged you not to go for it - maybe he couldn't get the stock? They are difficult to obtain from chandlers. I guess because they're expensive to have laying about 'on stock'.

Colin