Birmingham/Wolves Area

RichardH

Featured Posts

Looking to move a boat from Alvechurch to Barnoldswick.

Any tips on good moorings around Birmingam and Wolverhampton?

Cheers.

Likewise, I hope to spend a few days around Birmingham/Wolverhampton in May. I would also be very pleased to hear about recommended moorings around the BCN.

Thanks

Stewey

Likewise, I hope to spend a few days around Birmingham/Wolverhampton in May. I would also be very pleased to hear about recommended moorings around the BCN.

Thanks

Stewey

Edgbaston is nice but usually packed. Anywhere in Town will be fine. Between the Mailbox and and Worcester Bar is good (the best mooring IMO are actually just through Bridge 88, though), but Cambrian Wharf and between the NIA and Sherborne are fine, too.

As for Wolves, I've no idea and I've asked this question myself. Someone posted that the top of the 21 is OK.

We moored directly facing the mailbox last time we where in Birmingham and had no problems at all.

In fact found it to be one of the best places we have moored.

Having said that it was on a Wednesday night and have heard it gets noisey Friday and Saturday nights.

But anywhere between the mailbox and the NIA is ok.

We are planning on mooring by the sealife centre or NIA this year

From Alvechurch you'll make the Black Country Living museum in a reasonably easy day (~7hrs) although set out early to maximise the hope of a mooring behind the fence, down the 21 the day after then it depends which route you're going... You'll make the top of the locks whichever way you go the day after without too much fuss.

If you plan to stop at the top of the 21 moor on the offside just before Broad St basin where there's no pedestrian access.

Which boat btw? I'm moored at Alvechurch as we speak.

Wolverhampton is ok for an overnight on the offside if you don't leave the boat probably, I've moored past lock 17 on the 21 without problems. In town, well its hit and miss, but not comfortable. The section between Black country museum and Wolverhampton is pretty much a no moor overnight section IMO, but the Black Country Mueseum is a smashing place to moor and to visit. Birmingham is good as well before Stirchley.

From Alvechurch you'll make the Black Country Living museum in a reasonably easy day (~7hrs) although set out early to maximise the hope of a mooring behind the fence, down the 21 the day after then it depends which route you're going... You'll make the top of the locks whichever way you go the day after without too much fuss.

If you plan to stop at the top of the 21 moor on the offside just before Broad St basin where there's no pedestrian access.

Which boat btw? I'm moored at Alvechurch as we speak.

Thanks all

It is a new blue 57ft cruiser back currently being fitted out with a red roof !

Edited by RichardH