Bathroom time...

Pretty Funked Up

Featured Posts

My wet room consists of a stainless steel purpose made shower tray which connects to a gulper pump. The tray is about 70mm deep. I have a timber slatted floor which sits in the tray. All looks very nice and no problems with it.......yet!!

One thing that hasn't been mentioned so far, speaking as a boater that has had both types on two different boats, is the fact that with the hip/stepped bath (the one with a seating area at each end) you cannot have a glass shower panel and door, you have to have a curtain. What I found unpleasant was that, when showering with the curtain drawn across, the heat rising caused the shower curtain to be drawn in and you ended up fighting with a cold clammy curtain. With a shower tray you can have a low profile shower door which stays put and also eliminates water leakage.

Roger

One thing that hasn't been mentioned so far, speaking as a boater that has had both types on two different boats, is the fact that with the hip/stepped bath (the one with a seating area at each end) you cannot have a glass shower panel and door, you have to have a curtain. What I found unpleasant was that, when showering with the curtain drawn across, the heat rising caused the shower curtain to be drawn in and you ended up fighting with a cold clammy curtain. With a shower tray you can have a low profile shower door which stays put and also eliminates water leakage.

Roger

That's true. We got rid of the shower curtain and use the shower handheld whilst sitting in the bath. Saves water too.

Roger

:smiley_offtopic: briefly-

On a purely pedantic point that is not technically 100% correct. I always thought it was something to do with static but seemingly not.

It's explained here.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20010613041952data_trunc_sys.shtml

:smiley_offtopic: briefly-

On a purely pedantic point that is not technically 100% correct. I always thought it was something to do with static but seemingly not.

It's explained here.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20010613041952data_trunc_sys.shtml

That doesn't negate my point at all. According to that article the heat from the hot water will rise. The rising hot air will, according to Bernoulli's principle, be rising faster than the air outside the curtain can move and so the pressure inside the curtain will tend to be lower, hence the curtain will move inwards towards the warmer air.

Or, if you want, the rising hot air has to be replaced by incoming cold air, particularly towards the bottom of the curtain, and the curtain moves. Nothing to do with static.

Bernoulli's applies to aircraft wings and caburettor venturi just as much, or rather, somewhat more than shower curtains.

Roger

Edited by Albion

when showering with the curtain drawn across, the heat rising caused the shower curtain to be drawn in and you ended up fighting with a cold clammy curtain.

Roger

:) haha sooo true

I cured that on mine by using a curved shower curtain rail. Each end lines up with the bath but curves right out inbetween. No more clammy curtain fights :)

I do like the wet room thingy, always did just knew it would be a b'stard to achieve. Going to have some more thought about that one again.

A shower 'big enough for two' I think I can just about pull off, I was looking at those double width trays initially and it would just over hang the door entry by a few inches, which I know I could get round if I decided to go with that design.... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Edited by Pretty Funked Up