'Image' TV Aerial

serenility

Featured Posts

Linky I want to put a longer length of co-ax onto this aerial, but it has resisted all my efforts to separate the top and bottom plastic bits. Anyone got any ideas before I break it?

Can only suggest blunt knife, screwdriver & patience whilst progressing around shell joint

OR alternatively use co-ax jointing box/connectors & extra cable + fill any resulting gaps with Copydex or self-amalgamating tape :unsure:

Edited by dave69700

I have a Status "UFO" type aerial...the type found on most caravans etc....and although that has screws I have never managed to get it apart...resorted to making a joint that fitted in the mast that its attached on top of....When I asked Status they said it cant be taken apart....which wasnt very helpful!!...

Gareth

See second line of post #2.

Will cost pennies but will save a lot of frustration and having to buy a new aerial when the old one is knackered damaged. ;)

Indeed...or when the co-ax melts cos its gone across the outlet of the Alde............ :blush:

Gareth

Linky I want to put a longer length of co-ax onto this aerial, but it has resisted all my efforts to separate the top and bottom plastic bits. Anyone got any ideas before I break it?

Hi May be best to cut the cable and insert the extra length that you wanted, if any of the joints are outside use algamating waterproof tape.. You should find that a couple splits shouldn't cause that much damage in any signal loss...

I have to do it sometimes with satellite, last job I did, we used a dish fixed on the bankside and a cable run 150 feet with 2 joints before it went into the boat and no issue's with the signall quality...

Martyn....