Crayfish

Bobbybass

Featured Posts

You misunderstand - he's not an idiot he's an irritating opinionated b@st@rd...

irritating and opinionated, perhaps, but my parents were married, when I was born.

Perhaps "irritating opinionated ####" might be a better description, Edited by DHutch

The easy way to catch american crayfish. Garden cane, piece of string, slice of streaky bacon, Tie string to garden cane and on the other end tie the bacon dangle in the water, Bingo, a bucket full in an hour, leave to clean in fresh water for a day or so then boil. In the top resturants this is an expensive dish with the right sause and green embelishments. No traps no speading of any infection,no catching other species and in the canals you are now very unlikely to find the native version.CKP

Its sad that two thirds of this forum item has been hijacked..?

I thought I asked a sensible question about crayfish...and maybe...expect a few jokes to brighten our day..but its verging on nasty now...

At least some people have been nice enough to answer...Thank you.

Bob

The easy way to catch american crayfish. Garden cane, piece of string, slice of streaky bacon, Tie string to garden cane and on the other end tie the bacon dangle in the water, Bingo, a bucket full in an hour, leave to clean in fresh water for a day or so then boil. In the top resturants this is an expensive dish with the right sause and green embelishments. No traps no speading of any infection,no catching other species and in the canals you are now very unlikely to find the native version.CKP

That sounds easy enough....

Simplicity once again being the answer...

Thanks.

Bob

and maybe...expect a few jokes to brighten our day..

Well I've trawled the internet but crayfish humour seems to be sadly lacking.

Apart from a very funny, but racist, joke (which will just start off the arguments, again), the funniest I can find is:

Two crayfish were talking in a bar. One says,"Any luck, tonight?" His fishy friend grins and says,"Yes, I pulled a mussel."

Edited by carlt

Its sad that two thirds of this forum item has been hijacked..?

I thought I asked a sensible question about crayfish

Bob

You did, but to be fair though your query was pretty well responded to by the time it went off on a tangent at around post 14/15 - subsequent posters added further useful info.

Such diversions are commonplace in here and other internet forums - it happens, just sieve out the irrelevant stuff (such as mine, some of Biggle's and some of Carl’s) and there is not a problem gleaning the info. you need.

I was advised to cook them from cold instead of plunging them into boiling water, supposed to send them to sleep before they can feel pain, never again, the sight of 7 or 8 crayfish trying desperately to clamber out of the saucepan when I lifted the lid and then me knocking them back in was something I don't wish to repeat :o

Edited by nb Innisfree

The hero worship opinion of a #2. So sad.

Biggles

So what does Crayfish taste like?

snip

Biggles

Not a lot in my opinion. They give themselves up on the upper Thames

I was advised to cook them from cold instead of plunging them into boiling water, supposed to send them to sleep before they can feel pain, never again, the sight of 7 or 8 crayfish trying desperately to clamber out of the saucepan when I lifted the lid and then me knocking them back in was something I don't wish to repeat :o

I think your info was slightly off the mark. Chill the crayfish to make them dormant and then plunge into boiling water, hence boil from chilled.