Diesel Pipe Reducer

Liam

Featured Posts

Does such a thing exist?

I'm on the lookout for something that will take a diesel connection pipe from 3/4" to 1" which also has a stop tap to enable the supply to be manually closed. Something like this... with a 3/4 connection on one side and 1 inch connection on the other. Needs to be suitable for red diesel.

TCB17281.jpg

There are no decent hardware shops close by (you can't count B&Q) so I don't mind ordering online but I need to have it for Friday morning at the latest.

TIA.

Liam

Edited to add: The connections on both ends need to be threaded to hook up to the existing/new pipework I'll be adding in.

Why not use a copper compression fitting reducer and then fit a stop tap? Should get the bits from B&Q plumbing dept. For the stop tap use a ball-valve type stop-tap that is suitable for natural gas or propane, it will also be ok for diesel. Do not use a cone type stop tap cos it will leak.

Ditchdabbler

Does such a thing exist?

I'm on the lookout for something that will take a diesel connection pipe from 3/4" to 1" which also has a stop tap to enable the supply to be manually closed. Something like this... with a 3/4 connection on one side and 1 inch connection on the other. Needs to be suitable for red diesel.

TCB17281.jpg

There are no decent hardware shops close by (you can't count B&Q) so I don't mind ordering online but I need to have it for Friday morning at the latest.

TIA.

Liam

Are you talking about 3/4" and 1" BSP (nominal bore pipes with threaded ends)?

If so, you need a 1" valve (not the type in your pic, but a gate valve or ball valve), and a 1" to 3/4" reducer in one end.

You might find that Midland Chandlers at Preston Brrok have thyem on the shelf.

If not, a pipeline supplier (BSS or 'pipeline center' (sic) in Trafford Park).

Tim

Edited to add: The connections on both ends need to be threaded to hook up to the existing/new pipework I'll be adding in.

Does such a thing exist?

TIA.

Liam

Are the threads on the valve to be internal or external? You should be able to get the valves Tim suggests from any decent old fashion stylee plumbers merchant. NOT B&Q or Wickes

I use Valves online for hard to find valves (Like L port)

Edited by NBMike

As i understand it the tank has a male 3/4inch bsp and the pipe a female 1inch bsp. Between which a join is require, with a isolation tap.

Personally im thinking female-female 3/4inch full bore tap (ball or gate prbs) straight onto the tank. Then either a 3/4inch m-m nipple with a 3/4 F-1 M adapter. Or a single 3/4-1inch m-m adapter onto the hose.

Just need a suitable valve thats safe on diesel.

Daniel

Hi all, thanks for the replies.

I did a bit of digging (and with Daniel's help) managed to get what I'm after. I've got the bits and peices for a 3/4 connection coming out of the tank going straight onto a full bore valve, which then has a 3/4 to 1 inch increaser connection to it, with the rest of the pipework connected to that.

Not actually got the bits yet, they should arrive before the weekend. I hope I've not bought a jigsaw puzzle with a piece missing! Can't really afford to have a thousand litres of diesel swilling around in the hold! :captain: