Photos of last part of Severn Estuary Trip

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

Just a few photos of the last part of the trip from Portishead into Bristol done yesterday it was a great trip and would recomend it to anyone.

DSC01878%20copy.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1284448167989

Out of the lock at Portishead

DSC01891%20copy.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1284448372808

Weather not that great!!

DSC01953%20copy.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1284449005799

Clifton Suspension Bridge

DSC01989%20copy.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1284449414290

Plenty more photos on my website if anyone is interested Click here for more photos

• Greenie 1

Great photos Cotswoldman - I have been following your trip with interest, as it is something I really want to do. We are looking at doing it next year maybe.

I assume you are now going to proceed down the K&A to the Thames. Beware the lock gates at the Eastern end, as some of them are mighty difficult to move. I was out at Aldermaston on Sunday and it took three of us to move the bottom gates. Things have deteriorated a lot in the last few years since we were moored on the K&A.

Enjoy your trip!

Jo.

Wow Superb stuff....I just looked at all your photos...Best collection of photos I've seen to date. I want to do things like this, trouble is my whimpy missus doesn't. Oh well, great to see it being done. To go down under Clifton suspension bridge and cruise by SS GB ..fantastic..Top man.

Wow Superb stuff....I just looked at all your photos...Best collection of photos I've seen to date. I want to do things like this, trouble is my whimpy missus doesn't. Oh well, great to see it being done. To go down under Clifton suspension bridge and cruise by SS GB ..fantastic..Top man.

Yes it was a good trip, but then I have to do my own cooking, washing up, cleaning etc etc. Ah no I don't...... boat looking filthy, weeks worth of washing up and recycling clothes so yes maybe it is worth being on my own!!!

I have rethought my thoughts of yesterday. I thinki would like to do this trip, honest.

I first went under the Clifton Bridge in, I guesstimate, about 1963, on a coach from our school in Chorley going to Westward Ho in North Devon for the annual school holiday. great memories.

Visited Bristol docks a number of times but not afloat.

Another thread running is about being green. I am, with envy. Well done.

Martyn

Good stuff. I want to do this trip too (just not in my own boat!) We had high tides around then - did this make for a quick trip down from Sharpness?

By the way, it looks like you've got your Severns and Avons confusled.

I took about 3 hours from Sharpness to Portishead but the wind did get up towards the end.

I am permanently confused but not sure where in this case/

John, How long are you staying in Bristol? My office is in Queen Sqaure but I probably won't be there until Monday.

Hi Patrick moved out yesterday I am at Keysham at present. You still on holiday? Ok for some I could do with a good holiday!!

Hi Patrick moved out yesterday I am at Keysham at present. You still on holiday? Ok for some I could do with a good holiday!!

No, am back in work but working from home today and tomorrow, home being about ten minutes walk from Windsor Bridge and the Royal Oak on the Lower Bristol Road (or is home the royal oak and I sleep about ten minutes walk away?)

No, am back in work but working from home today and tomorrow, home being about ten minutes walk from Windsor Bridge and the Royal Oak on the Lower Bristol Road (or is home the royal oak and I sleep about ten minutes walk away?)

Ah working from home!!

I have now added a complete photo gallery of my trip Photo Gallery Link