Towpath celebs!!

daves6guitars

Featured Posts

Honestly homer you are starting to get boring.

I don't really care where doorman lives - he's not a celebrity and I doubt anyone else cares where he lives and he does not have to share his private address with everyone on here. It would be foolish of him to do so.

I shall reiterate my earlier point. Celebrities court publicity and some of them do not care if the public know where they live - in fact most actually call the press to let them know when they are going shopping so that they can get their faces in the papers. Most clebrities homes are known to people - you only have to look at the hoards of fans who flock daily outside Posh and Becks house to know where they live.

And it didn't take me more than 1 minute to find out where another canalside (ok riverside) celebrity lives - see if you can spot the clues in this report....Not a Lot!

Why would it be foolish of Doorman to publish his private address?

No, he, rather bizarrely, fell off his roof, whilst trying to fly adjust his TV aerial.

Funnily enough, I watched the episode to have a look at Liam's boat, and was surprised at how shy and modest he came across as.

Nothing like the arrogant, aggressive lump he turns into, when the adrenaline is pumping, in a game.

Apparently his funeral was really desperate, terrible reception.... :rolleyes

(never thought i'd wheel that one out again!)

• Greenie 1

2 people came up to me this weekend, on the towpath, and asked if I was 'Casper Ghost'. Am I a celebrity now?

Casp'

We passed you twice whilst out cruising, but you didn't seem to be around :-(

I think I might have met your parents though.

On Badger 2.

Yup, I assume that the lady who came chatting to me as I was going down Frankton about the Canaltime that had just rammed them twice was your mum, and unless I'm mistaken, your Brother was there on his boat as well.

Yup, I assume that the lady who came chatting to me as I was going down Frankton about the Canaltime that had just rammed them twice was your mum, and unless I'm mistaken, your Brother was there on his boat as well.

Yes, that'll be them, she told me about the hire boat too..

2 people came up to me this weekend, on the towpath, and asked if I was 'Casper Ghost'. Am I a celebrity now?

Casp'

I was stood outside of a night club the other evening and someone asked if I was the doorman!

Completely off topic this.

Unfortunatey we won't be able to pass on your best wishes to Graham & Sue at Scarisbrick Marina, on the L&L, as we decided to re-locate at short notice and missed a chance to say farewell to them.

Mike

• 2 months later...

It looks like Mr. D wasn't phased by being snapped either - when was it taken?

I thought it was Stuart Hall!

Some Lockies recognise the wife in her cowboy hat - others just go and hide!

My only contact with a celeb was when I pulled Kermit the Frog out of the B&F canal near Drayton Manor. When next we passed he wasn't on the towpath where we left him so I guess he had hopped off - or got chucked back in by a biker who fell off riding over him! Kermy looked all right after his swim but didn't say anything whitty like he does on TV.

Edited by Tiny

We were in Gloucester Docks a couple of years ago when they filmed aa episode of Bargain Hunt. To our surprise when the program came out my wife featured full frame in the opening sequence. I guess that now makes her a celebrity in this day and age. I see her every day.

We also saw Martin Bell MP crash into the bank big time on the Middlewich Branch many years ago.

Saw Timothy watsit and Prunnela Scales at Lapworth but don't suppose they really count.

We used to regularly see Prunella Scales (Basil Fawltys wife) and Timothy West on their boat on the K and A. My stepdaughter once asked Matthew Corbett for his autograph when he moored on the River Wey and he refused - she was only about 5 at the time and it seemed a bit harsh.

We used to regularly see Prunella Scales (Basil Fawltys wife) and Timothy West on their boat on the K and A. My stepdaughter once asked Matthew Corbett for his autograph when he moored on the River Wey and he refused - she was only about 5 at the time and it seemed a bit harsh.

That sounds about right! :angry:

There should be a prize awarded to any boater who gets a photo of him (smiling). Apparently, that only ever happens when he passes wind.

Edited by Doorman

He must pass a lot of wind then. He is always laughing and joking when I see him.

Steve

You have to have some sympathy for the guy. It is often tough following your father's footsteps into the family business, but he had to follow in his father's hand gestures.

Whenever I have seen him around Lymm he has been cheerful enough and on the one occasion I spoke with him he was very amicable.

You have to have some sympathy for the guy. It is often tough following your father's footsteps into the family business, but he had to follow in his father's hand gestures.

Whenever I have seen him around Lymm he has been cheerful enough and on the one occasion I spoke with him he was very amicable.

I must admit, we did hear from a boater, that he was quite friendly and helpful on one occasion. Although when we met him at a marina, where he'd just had some work carried out on his boat, there wasn't a smile to be had. Must have been the bill.

Perhaps he suffers from a split personality. Sooty or Sweep?, it must be difficult deciding who to be! :P

You meet some awful low lifes on the cut.

DIMBLEBY.jpg

:)

sorry to say but i have absolutely no idea who he is!!

meet Mike Rutherford (genesis) occassionally, really nice guy, met greg rusedski last year when he brought his wife and child along for a canal trip on ZK

dave gilmour (pink floyd), ringo starr and jodie foster are all locals to our canal

I must admit, we did hear from a boater, that he was quite friendly and helpful on one occasion. Although when we met him at a marina, where he'd just had some work carried out on his boat, there wasn't a smile to be had. Must have been the bill.

Perhaps he suffers from a split personality. Sooty or Sweep?, it must be difficult deciding who to be! :P

And there I was, wondering if his father was Ronnie or Harry H.!