FMC Ling

sarahavfc

Featured Posts

It would be nice to know what people remember about the sort of traffic Ling ( and other boats) carried in her time, as other craft, so much is said about boats on this website, but the goods they carried appears less frequently.

Ray Shill

• 3 months later...

It would be nice to know what people remember about the sort of traffic Ling ( and other boats) carried in her time, as other craft, so much is said about boats on this website, but the goods they carried appears less frequently.

Ray Shill

Ling and Altair brought the last coal to Worcester Porcelain Works in 1961.Phpto in my gallery. I was working in the cabin on Vesta at the Blockhouse Lock when they came past empty. It was almost dark and I heard a bump. Climbing on deck I found a new Tip Cat waiting for me.Happy days. Max

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've still got the handbowl. We didn't call them dippers, guess Susan Woolfit invented that word.

LING had a fore-cabin in 1950, I always thought its removal spoilt her looks. I always understood the 15hp Bolinder came from GORSE.

I've still got the handbowl. We didn't call them dippers, guess Susan Woolfit invented that word.

LING had a fore-cabin in 1950, I always thought its removal spoilt her looks. I always understood the 15hp Bolinder came from GORSE.

ling bow

Is This better New Hope :-D

ling 1556

And from the stearn

Is it known when the fore cabin came off my best guess would be when gorse's bolinder went in.

If you ever want to sell the hand bowl id be very interested