Yay!! ...New Boat...New Life....New Broadband Connection...

Chagall

Featured Posts

Well 'Cair Paravel' made it out of the workshops bang on schedule just about four weeks ago and I moved onto a life afloat at about the same time, its just taken till now to find a decent connection!....after trying various dingles and dongles I discovered Orange's rolling 10GB a month contract and Im in the world again.

Now I feel rooted once more and Im absolutely loving a new life afloat. I couldn't have chosen better weather to move the belongings of a life time into a space of the equivalent of two bedrooms, a box room and a bathroom....but its fantastic! I have to admit to a tiny whimper of "Oh my goodness! its small" but once Id been on it a week I got used to it, and discovered, as Im sure most people do, just how much space do you really need? Not much more than I have. Everything is within reach, everything has packed into the cupboards and now Im contemplating that first solo trip.....Yikes!

I will be back.....but if you see a 58' trad stern shiny new Imperial Crimson and Racing Green colour boat spinning and bumping like a pin ball please take pity and gently nudge me online... and forgive the expletives...

Nice quality fit out by the looks, and I was just looking at hand washbasins last night for our build, but your copper sink looks very chic, well done. :lol:

Thanks again, it is truly a quality build, the guy is a master craftsman and the detailing is superb. The copper basin is an old charger bowl, the sort of thing they used to carry the boars head to table in! (good ole ebay) The brass handles now hold an orange glass each side. :lol:

Well 'Cair Paravel' made it out of the workshops bang on schedule just about four weeks ago and I moved onto a life afloat at about the same time, its just taken till now to find a decent connection!....after trying various dingles and dongles I discovered Orange's rolling 10GB a month contract and Im in the world again.

Now I feel rooted once more and Im absolutely loving a new life afloat. I couldn't have chosen better weather to move the belongings of a life time into a space of the equivalent of two bedrooms, a box room and a bathroom....but its fantastic! I have to admit to a tiny whimper of "Oh my goodness! its small" but once Id been on it a week I got used to it, and discovered, as Im sure most people do, just how much space do you really need? Not much more than I have. Everything is within reach, everything has packed into the cupboards and now Im contemplating that first solo trip.....Yikes!

I will be back.....but if you see a 58' trad stern shiny new Imperial Crimson and Racing Green colour boat spinning and bumping like a pin ball please take pity and gently nudge me online... and forgive the expletives...

Well done. A boat builder that delivers on time...........rarer than hen's teeth :lol:

Now, can you remember where you put everything? Enjoy the first trip.

Roger

That is one very nice looking boat.

I have to say I do like a white T&G ceiling in a boat along with matching sides... really lifts the interior.

Nice external paint too (and not a fake rivet in sight...)

Very nice, enjoy.

PS who built her??

Edit to add - Just seen from your blog it's Brayzel Narrowboats

Double edit to add - who don't appear to have a web site.

Edited by MJG

Thanks again, it is truly a quality build, the guy is a master craftsman and the detailing is superb. The copper basin is an old charger bowl, the sort of thing they used to carry the boars head to table in! (good ole ebay) The brass handles now hold an orange glass each side. :lol:

Nice one, Chagall - - - enjoy!

That is one very nice looking boat.

I have to say I do like a white T&G ceiling in a boat along with matching sides... really lifts the interior.

Nice external paint too (and not a fake rivet in sight...)

Very nice, enjoy.

PS who built her??

Edit to add - Just seen from your blog it's Brayzel Narrowboats

Double edit to add - who don't appear to have a web site.

He doesn't have a web site yet, but he has a very nice brochure......and will happily send pictures of his previous boats. Google his address, since I'd better not list it here.

I have to admit the colour of the boat side was a shock when she came out of the workshop and into the bright sunlight...what had been a deep burgundy colour came out looking very bright and I wished Id chosen a black cratch cover, being aware of the old adage that red & green should never be seen, but a minor niggle in the whole scheme. On a cloudy day the red is more the colour Id imagined.

I hope that most of the time the red is bright, but it will probably usually be burgundy. The adage is that blue and green should never be seen but I think anything goes on narrowboats, not least red and green.

Happy boating; don't attempt the Ribble Link for a few weeks :lol:.

I hope that most of the time the red is bright, but it will probably usually be burgundy. The adage is that blue and green should never be seen but I think anything goes on narrowboats, not least red and green.

Happy boating; don't attempt the Ribble Link for a few weeks :lol:.

Huh, well thats a relief, I had always thought it was "red and green...... Roger (Albion) advised me that red is a bad colour for keeping due to the properties of the colour, so Ill see how it goes for a year or two. The sign-writing is one of the things I don't like so that panel shall be repainted very soon.

and the Ribble Link is for next year!...going to practice on the Glasson locks, which are tough by all accounts, so maybe good to learn on.

I finish Uni in a week or two so have all summer to get used to the boat just puttering up and down the Lancaster.

The adage in full is "Blue and green should never be seen, except with something in between". It is, I believe, to do with ladies' fashions. If it was red and green, about half the n/b's on our waterways would be guilty of a lapse in taste!

The adage in full is "Blue and green should never be seen, except with something in between". It is, I believe, to do with ladies' fashions. If it was red and green, about half the n/b's on our waterways would be guilty of a lapse in taste!

Congratulations - what a lovely boat!!! You must be chuffed to little pieces.

Hope to bump into you (not literally of course!) on the cut one day :lol:

Edited for a silly spelling mistake

Edited by Ange

Huh, well thats a relief, I had always thought it was "red and green...... Roger (Albion) advised me that red is a bad colour for keeping due to the properties of the colour, so Ill see how it goes for a year or two. The sign-writing is one of the things I don't like so that panel shall be repainted very soon.

and the Ribble Link is for next year!...going to practice on the Glasson locks, which are tough by all accounts, so maybe good to learn on.

I finish Uni in a week or two so have all summer to get used to the boat just puttering up and down the Lancaster.

Looks beautifull, do keep a good wax polish on that red paint to slow down the age fading process

Suddenly makes my 1999 interior look a little dated...

Enjoy the life

Congratulations

Wondered where you had been :lol:

Thanks. :lol: I really missed the forum, and now I feel a bonafide contributor, but not really a proper boater yet....Im still finding out how everything works and Id like to book an engine maintenance course too.

Fantastic! I also wondered where you had got to! Great looking boat....I'm very green...... all those lovely details. Hope to see you out and about in the future. If neither of us manages the ribble link for a while there is always the next northern banter!

:lol:

Great boat. I'm sure we'll bump into each other at some point, I just hope it doesn't damage that nice new paintwork!

Hi 'Agnes' Ill look out for you...no worries about bumps, Ive been advised not to be too precious about the paintwork. The sign writing has now gone, but sadly repainting outside means that that bit of panel now has brush lines :lol: but Im hoping fresh signage will detract. Not hugely important, just a cosmetic niggle.

Call for a cuppa if you are passing Galgate.