flexible water tanks

Dawnie

Featured Posts

I believe that the 'flexible tanks' will still need a 'tank' around them to provide support.

I may be wrong, await being corrected. :lol:

They are already a 'tank within a tank' as they have an internal bladder and an outer skin, so why would they need to be in another tank? I don't think they are tank liners

we had a 200 gallon "bag" fitted when we bought our boat.

It worked very well - it had a screw conector to allow the out - flow to be connected to a standard on/off valve.

filler was similar 2inch dia allowing the standard deck fillers to connect.

It was clean and "collapsed as the water was used up.

Only reason we changed it was that we needed to install additional fuel tanks for our stove and the bag wouldnt sit on top of those ok with the fittings.

we sold it on for a an evenings beers..!!

so properly re-cycled.

They are already a 'tank within a tank' as they have an internal bladder and an outer skin, so why would they need to be in another tank? I don't think they are tank liners

Depending on size and shape you'll need some kind of structure or support to hold the flexible tank.

I have a flexible tank on board my sailing boat.

Although a lot smaller than the one your thinking about, it is self supporting and deflates when emptying.

I believe it is a Vetus and made of neoprene.

I think the bigger ones are the same and deflate as water is taken from them.

Nipper

We have 2 on our boat, one in the front locker and the other in one of the cratch lockers.

update210410001.jpg

update210410002.jpg

They are attached to the boat with shackles linked to metal loops welded to the sides of the lockers.

We have had them for a year and so far no problems.

Ideally we should have had bigger ones installed - go for the largest size you can fit in the boat.

You obviously need to make sure there are no sharp objects that the tanks will rest on. Ours are on a bed of polystyrene.

Edited by Ray T

Aah, so bottle's 'tank' would be some kind of support structure to hold it in place rather than a proper tank? My apologies Bottle, I misunderstood

Hi Dawn(ie)

Apology not necessary but thank you.

I should have explained better. :lol: