Heat resistant electrical tape

Featured Posts

I have 3 cables which pass along the ceiling edge of the saloon, about 6 inches from where my stove's flue meets the ceiling. I have wrapped them thoroughly with electrical insulating tape, but I'd like to apply belt and braces. Can anyone recommend a good heat-resistant tape I can insulate them with?

Thanks.

surely heat resisting and insulating are not the same thing?

purpose made fire resistant cables have a type of plaster within the sheathing.

you could provide insulation by cladding them with rockwool, and then bind that with a very fat shrink sleeve which we know withstands significant temperatures from the heat gun. when it shrinks to half the size you still need to leave some thickness of rockwool.

How about some exhaust lagging?

Either around the flue, the cables or maybe both.

Are these cables carrying any significant power, as insulating them would make them run hotter... I suspect it's only lighting and radio and horn / headlight though...

Nick

I have 3 cables which pass along the ceiling edge of the saloon, about 6 inches from where my stove's flue meets the ceiling. I have wrapped them thoroughly with electrical insulating tape, but I'd like to apply belt and braces. Can anyone recommend a good heat-resistant tape I can insulate them with?

What about, http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?pro...amp;subCatID=28

Thanks.

Is there any compelling reason why the cables cannot be re-routed further from the flue?

Is there any compelling reason why the cables cannot be re-routed further from the flue?

I'm afraid so. I would have to take the cables on a grand tour of the boat to avoid the flue. Actually, even that would be difficult. If I was bulding from scratch it wouldn't be an issue, but I'm refitting, so am somewhat limited.