Anti Rust Treatment Oil

Featured Posts

i read an article some time ago about an anti rust treatment oil that you brush over the prepared surface prior to painting that is supposed to seal/prevent re rusting, but have forgotten the name of it. Any recomendations?

Thanks Gary

Vactan? Good stuff.

i read an article some time ago about an anti rust treatment oil that you brush over the prepared surface prior to painting that is supposed to seal/prevent re rusting, but have forgotten the name of it. Any recomendations?

Thanks Gary

Are you thinking of Rustol-Owatrol by any chance. Good stuff in my experience but does take a while to fully dry in cool conditions.

Roger

Are you thinking of Rustol-Owatrol by any chance. Good stuff in my experience but does take a while to fully dry in cool conditions.

Roger

Yes I have just used Owatrol on my gas locker. Seemed to do the job but as you say did take a couple of days to dry

Thanks Gary

There are converters that attempt to return rust back to metal such as Kurust etc., which must be left for a while and then cleaned off. Then there are sealants/rust inhibitors such as Owatrol etc., some of these can be mixed with the paint or used on their own.

Thanks Gary

Could be boiled linseed oil, NOT raw linseed oil though. I think Owatrol may be based on it.

Try a google for 'boiled linseed oil rust'

Came across a funny story about it the other night: My Tenth Grade Science Experiment :lol: LMAO

cheers,

Pete.