3. 3. Whaley Bridge, Marple, Congleton, Kidsgrove, Macclesfield

• Perfectly OK
    • OK by me, but I suspect BW would object
    • BW won't object, but it is rather cheeky
    • Seriously extracting the proverbial

Featured Posts

Dear dear me.

Have you been to New Mills marina?

Its a shit hole, is that a good enough reason for me not to take a mooring there?

Id rather be on Adamsons than there in Hyde.

Either you can't type, your command of english is crap, or you haven't got a clue what you are talking about. New Mills is NOT Hyde, even in terms of Greater Manchester they are a fair way apart, by boat it's seven hours.

Tomorrow I am going to go up to Whalley Bridge and show you all exactly how many places you can moor.

When you work out there is only one L in Whaley Bridge you may be taken more seriously. I think you do know the area to some extent, but I can see why Phylis doesn't.

I may even go down to Furness Vale and really rub your noses in it.

You are talking out of your backsides.

The council tax question its clear.

You asked

Do you pay council tax where you are moored?

I gave you an answer, no because neither Dave Mayall as a leisure boater nor you as a liveaboard are obliged to. So My answer is clear.

You all get upperty and middle class sounding looking down your noses at others but you provide sweet sod all tax wise towards the local authorities you live in on your boats,which you are not technically supposed to live on,but you do.

But oh no God forbid someone play that card and tell you when your breaking the ''rules'' and taking the ''mick'' when it suits you all.

Neither Dave Mayall nor I live on our boats and our marinas pay business rates, which we contribute to through our mooring fees. Although to be honest that's a matter of little consequence. The students in the house next door don't pay council tax either, and I don't begrudge them.

The only thing that we, and BW, ask, is that if you have no mooring, you move your boat on a regular basis.

Presumably the middle class bit is about abiding by the rules. You are giving a forked answer in that "why should we" is matched with "we do". Some people with CC licences quite blatantly don't, and while some can't find a mooring, some don't want to, and don't want to cruise either.

Frankly Id sooner have the CC and all the inbetweens thaN you lot who clearly should'nt be living on a boat with your interfering pampOs attitudes that do nothing to improve the system.

Well, If your point of view prevails, and the majority of boaters move no further than the nearest water point, I'll watch the canal system collapse. At present 1,500 out of 25,000 licenses are CC, and yet it's telling that many of the non-cc travel a hell of a lot further round the system than you do.

I never said New Mills was Hyde.

I said I would rather have a mooring on Adamsons ''in'' Hyde than in New Mills.

To insult me because I do not know how to spell something pretty much says all I need to know about you.

Dear me! What happened to all the peace and love towards fellow boaters you were eschewing the other day?

Indeed everyone has their limits..

I never said New Mills was Hyde.

I said I would rather have a mooring on Adamsons ''in'' Hyde than in New Mills.

Bit surprising if you think New Mills is a shit hole, coz Hyde's a hell of a lot worse. Oh, and I think there are moorings now in Hyde, as Dave's vacated them.

To insult me because I do not know how to spell something pretty much says all I need to know about you.

Throw crap at people, then complain about an insult back. The fact that you have consistently mis-spelt Whaley Bridge, along with getting the sewage treatment plant in the wrong place in Furness, along with other errors, suggests to many people that you don't know the area. I think you do but are not coming across well. AND you got your facts wrong about living on boats and council tax and whether Dave Mayall or I live on boats...

What I think you are trying to say is that non-movers are not the problem that Dave Mayall is making out. Two years ago they were, but that may have changed. I suspect not. In any event, vacant moorings in February aren't a great deal of use if you cruise in June (although it was always winter when I went up that way, and they were full then, with the same boats every time).

Your refusal to accept that the rest of us have a point tells me lots about you, but not enough to form a judgement on any other aspect of your life.

That does not make it ok though does it!

And one does live on their boat.

Nobody who has been posting about the area in question is a council tax cheat. None of them live on their boats :lol:

You need to do a bit of research before throwing ill willed comments around.

Bit surprising if you think New Mills is a shit hole, coz Hyde's a hell of a lot worse. Oh, and I think there are moorings now in Hyde, as Dave's vacated them.

Throw crap at people, then complain about an insult back. The fact that you have consistently mis-spelt Whaley Bridge, along with getting the sewage treatment plant in the wrong place in Furness, along with other errors, suggests to many people that you don't know the area. I think you do but are not coming across well. AND you got your facts wrong about living on boats and council tax and whether Dave Mayall or I live on boats...

What I think you are trying to say is that non-movers are not the problem that Dave Mayall is making out. Two years ago they were, but that may have changed. I suspect not. In any event, vacant moorings in February aren't a great deal of use if you cruise in June (although it was always winter when I went up that way, and they were full then, with the same boats every time).

Your refusal to accept that the rest of us have a point tells me lots about you, but not enough to form a judgement on any other aspect of your life.

There you go again.

Your opinion is right and others are wrong because theirs is different to yours.

I frankly prefer Hyde to New Mills so in my opinion I am right as my experience of Hyde is probably very different to yours.

Regardless if there is ten moorings where Dave has left does not mean I have to take one of those moorings.

In fact I know the guy who owns the moorings but that's another story.

I keep my boat where ever I wish and the bottom line is which despite insulting my spelling you do not have the capacity to comprehend is that it is none of your business end of.

There you go again.

Your opinion is right and others are wrong because theirs is different to yours.

I frankly prefer Hyde to New Mills so in my opinion I am right as my experience of Hyde is probably very different to yours.

Regardless if there is ten moorings where Dave has left does not mean I have to take one of those moorings.

I keep my boat where ever I wish and the bottom line is which despite insulting my spelling you do not have the capacity to comprehend is that it is none of your business end of.

How wrong you are.

Pactrick is one of the most level headed and sensible people among the ranks. As i said before research

How wrong you are.

Pactrick is one of the most level headed and sensible people among the ranks. As i said before research

IM not wrong at all.

He thinks Hyde is worse than New Mills that's his opinion not a fact.

I've lived in the town for 14 years and worked in New Mills for 10 is that enough research for you?

IM not wrong at all.

I've lived in the town for 14 years and worked in New Mills for 10 is that enough research for you?

I was talking about the people you insist on insulting.

Do keep up.

(And after living in the area for 14 years, why dont you know it?)

IM not wrong at all.

You think New Mills is worse than Hyde - that's your opinion, not a fact.

And yes, I do know the area.

You think New Mills is worse than Hyde - that's your opinion, not a fact.

And yes, I do know the area.

I never said it was a fact!

And Phylis what makes you think I don't know the area?

Because I said the mooring Dave was talking about were near the sewage works?

Do you know that area ? and how close these mooring spots they are trying to split hairs on, because they know I know as well as they do these boats do move.

If there are any that don't appear to we are talking one or two boats.

But I can say that because I know.

I was talking about the people you insist on insulting.

Do keep up.

(And after living in the area for 14 years, why dont you know it?)

Where are you based?

I never said it was a fact!

And Phylis what makes you think I don't know the area?

Because I said the mooring Dave was talking about were near the sewage works?

Do you know that area ? and how close these mooring spots they are trying to split hairs on, because they know I know as well as they do these boats do move.

If there are any that don't appear to we are talking one or two boats.

But I can say that because I know.

Where are you based?

Would you like my home city (where i pay council tax) or would you like my boat location? (Both of which are easily found with a little research)

What makes me think you dont know the area, well you seem to get incredibly confused by place names, moorings and landmarks. I dont know the area and have no need to know the area, it would be of little use to me nor my boat, but i have no reason to disbelieve what both Dave and Patrick say. They are both well respected members of this forum.

There you go again.

Oh do tell, because several aspects of the stories you've been telling don't add up.

You reckoned to have moved from the sea cadets to Adamsons, well try as we might we can't think of anybody who has ever moved that way.

Then you make a basic error about which end of FV the sewage works is.

So, how do you know the guy who owns my moorings?

Would you like my home city (where i pay council tax) or would you like my boat location? (Both of which are easily found with a little research)

What makes me think you dont know the area, well you seem to get incredibly confused by place names, moorings and landmarks. I dont know the area and have no need to know the area, it would be of little use to me nor my boat, but i have no reason to disbelieve what both Dave and Patrick say. They are both well respected members of this forum.

I am not confused by any place names please give an example.

Landmarks?

When were Landmarks mentioned.

You have every need to know the area otherwise your point is uneducated and based on a point of Ego representing Dave and Patrick.

Any confusion of mine is based on the total disbelief in the utter tripe these two blokes are fabricating.

Daves apparently end of the world scum of the canal overstaying people poll is total claptrap.

Hence the lack of evidence.

And you are sitting their typing away thinking you are clever backing him up.

As we say round our way jog on you daft cow.

Landmarks?

You have every need to know the area otherwise your point is uneducated and based on a point of Ego representing Dave and Patrick.

Any confusion of mine is based on the total disbelief in the utter tripe these two blokes are fabricating.

Daves apparently end of the world scum of the canal overstaying people poll is total claptrap.

Your knowledge of the geography of Furness Vale is suspect.

Your claims as to where your boat was moored don't match with any boat that has been moored in Tameside in the last 10 years.

Your claim to know my soon-to-be-ex-landlord seem rather silly and pointless. He may be many things, but I rather doubt that he would associate with you.

Oh do tell, because several aspects of the stories you've been telling don't add up.

You reckoned to have moved from the sea cadets to Adamsons, well try as we might we can't think of anybody who has ever moved that way.

Then you make a basic error about which end of FV the sewage works is.

So, how do you know the guy who owns my moorings?

My 1st narrowboat was at the sea cadets.

My second boat was at Adamsons.

So I did'nt actually move from the sea cadets but dont worry I wont hold your confusion against you.

As to how I know the owner of your old moorings, he surveyed my boat.

As to basic error its neither here nor there.

The fact of the matter on that stretch of canal you are over stating the facts of the matter.

Your knowledge of the geography of Furness Vale is suspect.

Your claims as to where your boat was moored don't match with any boat that has been moored in Tameside in the last 10 years.

Your claim to know my soon-to-be-ex-landlord seem rather silly and pointless. He may be many things, but I rather doubt that he would associate with you.

You doubt he would associate with me?

Based on what?

Edited by Lady Muck

Landmarks?

You seem to have an issue spelling place names, locating places, losing marinas and bridges and relocating sewerage works. Not the words of someone who knows an area well.

It is a rare occasion i am of the same thinking as Dave, and i respect the views of Patrick, you i hold in very poor favour. So even with my little knowledge of the area in question, i know where my thoughts lie.

I could be very direct and lay it out very simple but I think the next time you come up that stretch you will receive the welcome you deserve! :lol:

Oh please, grow up

You seem to have an issue spelling place names, locating places, losing marinas and bridges and relocating sewerage works. Not the words of someone who knows an area well.

It is a rare occasion i am of the same thinking as Dave, and i respect the views of Patrick, you i hold in very poor favour. So even with my little knowledge of the area in question, i know where my thoughts lie.

Oh please, grow up

Likewise do keep up...