heating question

colin loach

Featured Posts

Hi all. If I connect the second coil of the coloiaifier to my radiator and an inline pump, will the radiator get hot. Colin.

Hi

I have done this.

I fitted a small pump into the feed pipe to CH.

The transfer of heat from the calorifier's hot water to the top CH coil is circulated around the CH.

I can switch it off so as not to steal all the heat from the hot water.

It works very well whilst you are running and when you turn on the CH it is already partly hot.

Ebay

Alex

Edited by steelaway

I'm also thinking about doing this if I can't fix my eberspacher. I'll just chuck it away and put a circulation pump between the flow and return.

The other reason I'd be doing it is because I only have one skin tank and my engine overheats if I gun it on the Thames. I'd have a switch for the pump on my control pedestal so I could switch it on when necessary. The rads would dissipate the extra heat.

There's another thread about this topic somewhere.

Edited by blackrose

I'm also thinking about doing this if I can't fix my eberspacher. I'll just chuck it away and put a circulation pump between the flow and return.

The other reason I'd be doing it is because I only have one skin tank and my engine overheats if I gun it on the Thames. I'd have a switch for the pump on my control pedestal so I could switch it on when necessary. The rads would dissipate the extra heat.

There's another thread about this topic somewhere.

Hi

You can always fix an Eberspacher - no matter what some members think.

The heat transfer is good-ish but will only ever get to a max of engine temperature - so on mine 75-80 degrees

Not really enough to replace the Eberspacher.

Alex

Edited by steelaway

Hi

You can always fix an Eberspacher - no matter what some members think.

The heat transfer is good-ish but will only ever get to a max of engine temperature - so on mine 75-80 degrees

Not really enough to replace the Eberspacher.

Alex

I will try, but I've been told by a boat heating engineer that the DW10 has an inherent fault which has something to do with the bearings and brain of the thing.

Anyway, my engine regularly gets to 95 deg C and will go higher if I'm not careful, but I have a solid fuel stove, so the primary reason for me doing this would be to take heat away from the engine rather than heating the boat.

Edited by blackrose