2 cylinder semi diesel bolinder

Speedwheel

Featured Posts

Many thanks Paul H for the DM & Pete Harrison for the additional info. At 60'0 x 8'0 x 5'0, Panama would've had a serious draft. Another era.....

5'0" is almost certainly the 'moulded depth', essentially the height from bottom of keel to lowest point on the gunwales. Draught would have been probably quite a lot less.

Tim

Edit - must have missed that there was another 'page' before posting!

Another edit - my Pollocks tug has a moulded depth of 4'6", actual draught around 3'8"

Edited by Timleech

• 4 weeks later...

Having done my weeks bolerindering to the port I am now bored and reading correspondence. I have not read the whole thread so I apologise if I repeat.

I have a 2 cylinder mono block BM with a gearbox. Speedwheel's picture did not come upbon my 'phone . John Hemlyrick told me what a pain they were as,he steered the Sabey's tug I think towing a train of day boats with rubbish from Paddington to Slough Arm tip. The cylinder by the engine ole doors would fool off so the other worked harder and cause it to overheat ! He spent a lot off time adjusting the cooling water to each cylinder. Oh and of course it is,for sale if anybody is feeling brave,!

• 3 weeks later...