Roof Box

hillbilly

Featured Posts

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy a roof box with lid/cover for a narrowboat? Can be in kit form? Thanks

A firm called Topbox sell them find them in the canal and boat or waterwaysworld my wife won one out of the towpath paper handy for coal and sticks

regards steve

• Greenie 1

Google finds this link amongst others....

Calder valley marine - TopBox Offer

Not sure it comes "flat pack", but any use ?

Spring offer - one hundred and fifty quid!!!

Pallets can be found for free, tin of wod primer <£5, coloured paint leftovers et voila.

DSC00384.jpg

Plastic 'tarpaulins' can be purchased cheaply for waterproofing.

Another search comes up with www.narrowboatbox.com

The CV marine one is made by a company called, I think, the Top Box company, but I can't find them in a google search. I know their price was £140 when I did find them a while back.

But if you're willing to assemble one from kit, why not just make it from timber?

nbInnisfree - I like your one!!

Another search comes up with www.narrowboatbox.com

The CV marine one is made by a company called, I think, the Top Box company, but I can't find them in a google search. I know their price was £140 when I did find them a while back.

But if you're willing to assemble one from kit, why not just make it from timber?

nbInnisfree - I like your one!!

My design, got Joe Poulson of Stansa Plastics to make two for me, I fitted the end mounting plates and locking hasps/hinges.

What happens at low bridges , do the boxes need to be dismantled and contents emptied.

We had to put all the crew except the steerer up the front of the boat to lower it to just about scrape through one bridge coming down the ashton.

What happens at low bridges , do the boxes need to be dismantled and contents emptied.

We had to put all the crew except the steerer up the front of the boat to lower it to just about scrape through one bridge coming down the ashton.

Most importantly our boat rides almost level, the boxes are only 10" high in the centre giving an airdraft of approx 6'. They are mounted towards the stern where it is a bit lower and lids come off leaving 4" height the same as mushroom vents. They have cleared everything with ease, I don't imagine we will ever find anywhere too low. We had plenty of clearance on the Ashton.

Nice box, where did you get it?

See post 12