Roy

Featured Posts

Hi folks

Dw, I and the kids are seriously considering going liveaboard in a couple of years but we have no idea where to start. For instance since we will have to buy the boat after the sale of the house has gone through what do we do in between times. Also if we can't get a residential mooring straight away what do we do about post in the meantime?

Thanks for all your help.

Edited by Roy

It is usually a good idea to start looking for a mooring well in advance of buying a boat.

Also start looking around boats well in advance, you can get a feel of what will and wont work for you that way. If you have not already i suggest hiring boats of different styles at different times of the year to get a feel of living in close spaces. Brokerage yards are a good place to start looking around as they have a lot of boats in one place. Walking the towpath and talking to boat owners is another good way of gathering information and grabbing a look at different boats.

Hi folks

Dw, I and the kids are seriously considering going liveaboard in a couple of years but we have no idea where to start. For instance since we will have to buy the boat after the sale of the house has gone through what do we do in between times. Also if we can't get a residential mooring straight away what do we do about post in the meantime?

Thanks for all your help.

Welcome to you and family.

You might need to move into rented accommodation till you have your new boat, (which I'm trying to avoid atm!...tis pricey!) and as for post, until you find a residential mooring, do you have any friends or family that could take it for you? or this recent topic discussed post... http://www.canalworld.net/forums/lofiversi...php?t23762.html