Survey anyone?

Allan(nb Albert)

Featured Posts

Its about the time of year that BW surveys boaters. Has anyone had a survey form yet?

I would, in particular, like to know what BW is asking exactly in terms of "Would you recommend boating to others?"

The reason for this rather obscure request is that BW now uses "propensity to recommend" to measure customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is one of the two matters that BW have to satisfy the remuneration committee on before directors are eligble for bonus (up to 30% of salary - 40% for the chief exec).

Edited by Allan(nb Albert)

would that be like the one a few years back that was "underhandedly " worded

BW does a boaters survey every year. There will always be something in the survey that BW uses to get a measure of customer satisfaction. Up to 2007, BW were measuring based on "overall upkeep" ,whatever that means! We now have "propensity to recommend", whatever that means!

BTW, last year boaters customer satisfaction score was 46% against a target of 75%. This would have been based on a question similar to "Would you recommend boating to others?" with a multi choice answer. I guess we are not happy campers boaters at the moment!

However, BW have now retrospectively reduced the target to 50%! So they will be sure to pay themselves bonus next year - 46% against a target of 50% sounds so much better.

BW does a boaters survey every year. There will always be something in the survey that BW uses to get a measure of customer satisfaction. Up to 2007, BW were measuring based on "overall upkeep" ,whatever that means! We now have "propensity to recommend", whatever that means!

BTW, last year boaters customer satisfaction score was 46% against a target of 75%. This would have been based on a question similar to "Would you recommend boating to others?" with a multi choice answer. I guess we are not happy campers boaters at the moment!

However, BW have now retrospectively reduced the target to 50%! So they will be sure to pay themselves bonus next year - 46% against a target of 50% sounds so much better.

ah so they have a different meaning to the rest of us mere mortals,question when the next one arrives would it be possible for some one to decipher it into what it actually means so that the answers could reflect on the actual meaning ?

I know I'm probably oversimplifying things but couldn't they just ask the same question each year - then they could see whether the level of satisfaction is rising or falling. (I think I might have answered my own question :lol: )

"Would you recommend boating to others?"

And how can I answer that one? I wouldn't recommend it to Jean, or next door neighbour, as shes 77 and of her own admission is happy with a walk down to the shops each morning. In fact, I seldom "recommend" anything, just give people what ever information I have so they can make their own mind up.

Why don't they try the more honest one "will you still be boating if we triple the cost?"

(answer, yes, but not on a BW canal!)

I know I'm probably oversimplifying things but couldn't they just ask the same question each year - then they could see whether the level of satisfaction is rising or falling. (I think I might have answered my own question :lol: )

They would get the same answers which is not what they want