Anyone use Virgin mobile broadband?

carlt

Featured Posts

My home broadband package is coming up for renewal and I'm contemplating switching to Virgin cable broadband.

The package includes a free notebook, unlimited downloads and a free dongle with 1gig a month mobile broadband.

If I took this offer I could ditch my separate home and mobile broadband packages so there is a saving.

I know Virgin home broadband is good as I know several people who are already on it but is the mobile any good?

My home broadband package is coming up for renewal and I'm contemplating switching to Virgin cable broadband.

The package includes a free notebook, unlimited downloads and a free dongle with 1gig a month mobile broadband.

If I took this offer I could ditch my separate home and mobile broadband packages so there is a saving.

I know Virgin home broadband is good as I know several people who are already on it but is the mobile any good?

I'm with Virgin.... my home package is unlimited calls, ( not mobiles or 0870 etc) & 10meg broadband - cost £25 / month.

Beware I was told that the BBC I player & ITV catch up would use 0.25 GIG per hour, so be careful what you are downloading !! you could soon use up your 1 GIG.

Mark

I know Virgin home broadband is good as I know several people who are already on it.................

In your own area, hopefully ?

How good Virgin's broadband is seems to depend on which area you are in, and hence which company it was that originally put the cable and hardware in place.

That said my service, (I cant even remember what it was, before it was NTL, before it was Virgin), has got a lot more reliable over time.

Cable & Wireless?

No - I've remembered now....

Tele-Cential

(Not sure about exact spelling ??).

It was crap, originally, with frequent outages. Something to do with critical mass - until a set number of people reported a problem, they didn't take it seriously. Because few other people were actually signed up, (cable in street, but few houses on broadband), guess what, the critical mass never got reached.

There was a survey recently (can't remember where I saw it)that said '3' and Orange had the best 3G coverage. That said I'm currently at East Marton (L&L) using Virgin mobile 3.5G (so my phone says) because I can't get '3' at all and can only get a GPRS connection on Orange.

Can't vouch for their mobile broadband service, but their home broadband is excellent here (Ex C&W area, was "NYNEX" before that), even on the ancient modem we have, it's pretty rock solid, hardly any outages... :lol:

Though I have used VirginMobile GPRS, that worked nicely even on a train on the move, but that was slooooooooooooooooooooow.... :lol:

Hi

Iam with T Mobile and the phone I use is the Omegia. The phone has web access and also a program called internet sharing which means I can plug my phone into my laptop and get internet access 24 hrs a day with NO limits for £5. 80 per month on a talk 200 package (ie 200 minutes and 200 texts). Up to now I have had very little problems with "no reception" but, I must admit it is slightly slower than my home p.c.

My total bill each month is £24.47 this includes 24/7 internet cover and the talk 200 package.

Hope this helps

Ivor....

Mate of mine just got one last week. I asked him on Saturday what the coverage was like. His reply... "Crap"

Just one opinion, but he'd previously been on o2 and been happy with that.

T :lol: