traditional boat hire

woolies

Featured Posts

Hi does anyone know where i can hire a traditional boat with an engine room with vintage engine preferably in the northwest

Thanks ...mark

yes one of the forum members does name escapes me at the minute tho

Richard,

Trouble with 45 foot ,engine room and Tug deck is I think it leaves very little living space.

A friend owns this very boat. Back cabin/engine 'ole/main bedroom with ensuite and bed mostly under tug deck. Beautiful to look at but 'portholes only' make it very much a steerers boat, especially in inclement weather.

Richard,

Trouble with 45 foot ,engine room and Tug deck is I think it leaves very little living space. 57 would seem to be minimum?

I stand to be corrected.

Best regards,Kevin.

Depends on how long the front deck is; our boat is 45' tug style and has a 9' saloon, reasonable galley and bathroom, and would sleep four (though it never yet has). For two people it would be a perfectly practical hire boat. I think the length from prow to front bulkhead is 8'6", though I haven't got the plans (or the boat) to hand so I can't be sure.

Hi does anyone know where i can hire a traditional boat with an engine room with vintage engine preferably in the northwest

Thanks ...mark

Or if you want water that's a bit flatter, try any of the classic boats on the Broads including gunter- and gaff-rigged classic yachts from Hunters or NYBC. These have the advantage that there's no engine.

Or if you want water that's a bit flatter, try any of the classic boats on the Broads including gunter- and gaff-rigged classic yachts from Hunters or NYBC. These have the advantage that there's no engine.

The ones we encountered had small engines as well!! The noise from them did get annoying after 2am (thats the engines, boats and crew)