inconsiderate mooring!

blackrose

Featured Posts

These people travelling together moored up double brested blocking one of the Brentford guaging locks.

When questioned by one of the boaters in the area, they said that they had been through Brentford 2 weeks ago and some of the boats on the 14 day moorings were still there.

(So presumably they think that's justification for blocking a lock?)

They were there most of today much to the frustration of other boaters and are still there tonight.

http://pbr68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/mik...A4MjktMTgzM.jpg

http://pbr68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/mik...TA4MjktMT-1.jpg

http://pbr68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/mik...A4MjktMTgzO.jpg

Edited by blackrose

These people travelling together moored up double brested blocking one of the Brentford guaging locks.

When questioned by one of the boaters in the area, they said that they had been through Brentford 2 weeks ago and some of the boats on the 14 day moorings were still there.

(So presumably they think that's justification for blocking a lock?)

http://pbr68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/mik...A4MjktMTgzM.jpg

http://pbr68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/mik...TA4MjktMT-1.jpg

OK, I don't have a wide-beam, but I reckon a narrowboat would still just go into the lock,

It might give something else a "tap" on the way in, but, hey, that's life!

No excuse for mooring like that when theres a large space just in front of both boats, cant say thered ever be an excuse to block the entrance to any lock in that manner. If theres not enough space to moor carry on until there is.

OK, I don't have a wide-beam, but I reckon a narrowboat would still just go into the lock,

It might give something else a "tap" on the way in, but, hey, that's life!

Well as long as you're alright Alan! That's not really the point is it. I saw Julian (Idleness) having some difficulties today going through the other gauging lock. No doubt things weren't made any easier by these people.

Any boat should be able to use a lock - not just narrow boats. If a barge comes up from the Thames into this lock how would they get out?

Edited by blackrose

Well, they should count themselves lucky they were'nt there when we came through a couple of weeks ago. There is just no excuse for such inconsiderate behavior - my opinion.......

We are still not very good at handling our little narrow boat so it could have been a lot worse than a 'tap' !!!!

PS - We did see you Blackrose but there didn't seem to be anybody hone..... Lovely boat you have

PPS - photo here: http://localhost/Diaries/0908_Aug/Diary/16_Hanwell.php did beep horn but no sign of life on Blackrose - you must have seen us coming :lol:

Edited by Nemesis

Well as long as you're alright Alan! That's not really the point is it. I saw Julian (Idleness) having some difficulties today going through the other gauging lock. No doubt things weren't made any easier by these people.

Any boat should be able to use a lock - not just narrow boats. If a barge comes up from the Thames into this lock how would they get out?

It was tongue in cheek, Mike - I seem to be being taken too seriously today!

If I found I couldn't get in or out of a lock because someone had part blocked it, if they would not move the boats, or were not around to do so, then I probably would.

Same as if I find the canal blocked by a boat with each end against opposite banks, because of poor mooring.

I agree, what is in the picture is indefensible, unless there is an emergency that's forced them into that position, (and unlikely that TWO boats are so affected).

Although I have some sympathy about not being able to get onto London visitor moorings because of over-stayers too. Some boats are always tied on Little Venice visitor moorings if we are there, for example, (or if not, then just around the corner in Paddington, probably). Others I suspect alternate between there and the likes of Victoria Park - it would be nice to moor in London without having to be under the Westway, or similar!

Well, they should count themselves lucky they were'nt there when we came through a couple of weeks ago. There is just no excuse for such inconsiderate behavior - my opinion.......

We are still not very good at handling our little narrow boat so it could have been a lot worse than a 'tap' !!!!

PS - We did see you Blackrose but there didn't seem to be anybody hone..... Lovely boat you have

PPS - photo here: http://localhost/Diaries/0908_Aug/Diary/16_Hanwell.php did beep horn but no sign of life on Blackrose - you must have seen us coming :lol:

Thanks - sorry I wasn't home - I'm a man about town :lol: (actually I was probably at work :lol: )

Difficulty, no just a bit of wind and waiting for the lock to be ready and I'm just to lazy to tie up and wait.

Trust me if they had been a problem then I would have laid alongside them with a thump

Not sure but I remember seeing a sign saying that that lock was out of use as we went through.

Its a bit out of order, but if they got there late in the evening, and where leaving fairly promtly in the morning. I would have to say i dont think i would have wrote a book about it.

Did they prevent you locking through the lock?

Ive moored in the middle of an aquduct (narrow canal, blocking all traffic) overnight before now when been quiet on the mac canal.

We cant get in to the side in many places on the mac, and given i moored at 11, and awake again by 7.30 few will be on the move while im asleep, and they would have been welcome (and well within there right) to wake me should the need have arisen, and i would have moved for them.

Daniel

Not sure but I remember seeing a sign saying that that lock was out of use as we went through.

It was being worked on a couple of weeks ago but its been in use since then.

The same boats have now been moored up at the pumpout since yesterday. A 60' boat could still get in to use the facilities but I don't know what a 70' boat would do?.