mooring permit

denboy

Featured Posts

My understanding is:

Due to historical factors, various boats are potentially charged differing rates even though they are at the same site and receive the same facilities.

The new auctioning system complicates this even further.

The average rate charged at a site is published every year: Clicky

This should be the rate that the EOG moorings in that area would be based on for that period.

This is also the 'guide price' that BW use when tendering the mooring.

If during a current year, a mooring comes up for tender and is 'sold' at an over the odds price, this price is put in the melting pot and used to calculate the average rate for the site for the following year...... and so it goes on.

What BW don't want is the rate to drop. Which is why, if they don't reach the reserve price, they are re-tendered or left empty.

What BW don't want is the rate to drop. Which is why, if they don't reach the reserve price, they are re-tendered or left empty.

:lol:

What do BW do with the ones that fail to make reserve price, please, Steve, do you know ?

Do they just get re-advertised after a set delay ?

If it happens repeatedly, what then ?

Just curious.....

My understanding is:

Due to historical factors, various boats are potentially charged differing rates even though they are at the same site and receive the same facilities.

The new auctioning system complicates this even further.

The average rate charged at a site is published every year: Clicky

This should be the rate that the EOG moorings in that area would be based on for that period.

This is also the 'guide price' that BW use when tendering the mooring.

If during a current year, a mooring comes up for tender and is 'sold' at an over the odds price, this price is put in the melting pot and used to calculate the average rate for the site for the following year...... and so it goes on.

It doesn't quite work that way.

The tender results are an input to setting the non-tender price, but it isn't a simple average, and they exclude clearly anomolous prices from the calculation.

It doesn't quite work that way.

The tender results are an input to setting the non-tender price, but it isn't a simple average, and they exclude clearly anomolous prices from the calculation.

In other words they move the goal posts to what suits them best and to hell with everyone else

In other words they move the goal posts to what suits them best and to hell with everyone else

I'm not sure that is true!

In the example that I tried to give above, the £100 tender would be excluded as anomolous, which would favour the boater.

I suggested that they would set a price of £57.50

A straight average of tenders would give £75.00

An average excluding the anomolous let at £100 would give £66.67

the fact of the mater is though this is an off side mooring which if i wasnt here they would get nowt,in the early days when i came here i agreed to pay them as a good will guesture now they are after more ,,if i moved from here they would not be able to moor any one else here

the fact of the mater is though this is an off side mooring which if i wasnt here they would get nowt,in the early days when i came here i agreed to pay them as a good will guesture now they are after more ,,if i moved from here they would not be able to moor any one else here

Oh, indeed.

That is an argument that applies to all EOG mooring charges, but unless somebody chooses to fight them in court again, there isn't much that we can do about it.

From their point of view, in 90% of cases, if you move from there, you would still end up paying them for a mooring somewhere.

Oh, indeed.

That is an argument that applies to all EOG mooring charges, but unless somebody chooses to fight them in court again, there isn't much that we can do about it.

From their point of view, in 90% of cases, if you move from there, you would still end up paying them for a mooring somewhere.

Again you get back to the virtual (or realistic) stand point that, as a monopoly, BW have you by the short and curlies. And no accountability.

That's where you went wrong. BW don't do goodwill gestures. They ask for a small amount & when you pay they can then increase the price each year.

BW are also trying to charge householders who are using the bottom 3ft of their garden, even if they haven't got a boat.

Sue

Oh, indeed.

not if i become a continuous moorer

BW are also trying to charge householders who are using the bottom 3ft of their garden, even if they haven't got a boat.

Sue

I remember someone telling me about that. Additionally, BW wanted to pile the bank to stop wash errosion, but was going to charge the house holders for doing so.

What's that all about!