Milage

rayman

Featured Posts

I've often pondered this question and always think next time I'll write it down and put a stick in the tank to measure the depth / usage - but I can never be arsed.

That said, I have concluded I do about 1 litre per hour on average, and reading the other posts I think I'm probably right.

I do top up frequently about every 20 hours - or whenever I see a Diesel boat - unless a marina is exceptionally cheap. As I understood it, keeping the tank full reduces condensation when is a good thing (I'm told).

I've often pondered this question and always think next time I'll write it down and put a stick in the tank to measure the depth / usage - but I can never be arsed.

just keep a simple log of howmany mile, howmany locks, you do perday, and then note how much fuel you put into the tank at anyone time.

Daniel

Paul if you go back through this, you will notice you are getting the average (1L/h) as every one else. The only way to get lower consumption is to leave the engine on tick-over or not run it at all.  :(

30808[/snapback]

Phew! I am relieved. I thought I might be in for something expensive.

And :lol: somebody suggested to me recently that BOAT stands for:

Bung

Out

Another

Thousand