SHURflo Water Pump

Androo

Featured Posts

I have a SHURflo Aqua King Diaphram Water Pump for domestic use and it's started leaking from the housing so I need to replace it.

All data on the new pump is the same.. 30 PSI 2.1 Bar, Open Flow 2.8 Min 10.6, Volts 12 VDC, Ignition Protected, 10 amp delay fuse etc.

The only difference is the amps. On my old one it says 7.5 MAX AMPS and the new one says 4.5 MAX AMPS.

Will the new pump be OK even though the AMP are 3 Less ?

Androo

It will be absolutely fine,

i assume that Shurflo have found a way to move water more efficiently or their original maximum was an over-estimate.

Just means you'll save a bit of power.

As long as the pressure and flow rate are the same it should behave the same.

I have a SHURflo Aqua King Diaphram Water Pump for domestic use and it's started leaking from the housing so I need to replace it.

Assuming the diaphragm to be leaking, is it not possible to get spares for this pump?

All data on the new pump is the same.. 30 PSI 2.1 Bar, Open Flow 2.8 Min 10.6, Volts 12 VDC, Ignition Protected, 10 amp delay fuse etc.

The only difference is the amps. On my old one it says 7.5 MAX AMPS and the new one says 4.5 MAX AMPS.

Will the new pump be OK even though the AMP are 3 Less ?

Androo

Did you see the ones for sale by Albion?

Did you see the ones for sale by Albion?

No I didn't. Where can I see one ? The cheapest I've found is £52 from the chandlery nextdoor to my marina..

It will be absolutely fine,

i assume that Shurflo have found a way to move water more efficiently or their original maximum was an over-estimate.

Just means you'll save a bit of power.

As long as the pressure and flow rate are the same it should behave the same.

Assuming the diaphragm to be leaking, is it not possible to get spares for this pump?

It's actually leaking from the casing or housing. I think it has a hairline crack as it throws an extremley fine jet of water out. I had a word with the marine mechanic on the marina nextdoor to mine and he says it's difficult to get spares so just fit a new one.

After all it's 12yrs old and I feel it would be false economy trying to repair it even if it was possible..

Androo

No I didn't. Where can I see one ? The cheapest I've found is £52 from the chandlery nextdoor to my marina..

It's actually leaking from the casing or housing. I think it has a hairline crack as it throws an extremley fine jet of water out. I had a word with the marine mechanic on the marina nextdoor to mine and he says it's difficult to get spares so just fit a new one.

After all it's 12yrs old and I feel it would be false economy trying to repair it even if it was possible..

Androo

It's very easy to get Shurflo spares. I've just replaced the diaphragm on one of ours.

Richard

Androo

I have two on my boat, one in service, and one as spare, the newest is 9 years old and the older one is at least 15 years old, Midland Chandlers sell all the spares, although the diaphragm (which is the part that usually fails) cannot now be purchased as a separate item without the housing (which never fails!!)

Replacing the diaphragm takes about half an hour so if you are paying a mechanic to repair it, it is probably cheaper to buy a new one, but repairing it yourself costs less than half the price of a new pump. buy the spares on "Mad Friday" and they are 20% cheaper.

I'd reseal the round the edge of the diaphragm with sparing amounts of leak sealer, test it and keep it as a spare.

Fernox LS-X leak sealer is fine for this in my experience. (cost £3 a tube)

cheers,

Pete.