fixed seat layout for dining?

larrysanders

Featured Posts

Hi, I'm having some fixed chairs fitted for dining on our boat... they'll be bench seat style either side of the cabin and a removable table in the middle. Has anyone got the same layout? if so what's the depth of your seats in total.

Many thanks as always.

Hi, I'm having some fixed chairs fitted for dining on our boat... they'll be bench seat style either side of the cabin and a removable table in the middle. Has anyone got the same layout? if so what's the depth of your seats in total.

Many thanks as always.

dont know about seat depth but the table is about 3 inch below gunnel hieght to lift table top off wall fitting.

will check if i have pic to post.

As we are tall our dinette is made high so our legs are not bent under the table when sitting and the bed is nice and high off the floor. The actual dinette is 6'6" from one side to tother and 4' wide (thought the bed is 6' 6" X 4'6"). The table is 2' X 4' with two legs and no solid connection to the wall. The seats are each 4' X 2' 3" with 2 lift off tops per seat allowing access to the space under for storing bedding etc.

Many thanks as always.

23" + cushion, table top 11" above seat cushion

Try to get the rake of the seat back anything other than vertical otherwise you might not find the seats too comfortable. Achieving this within a fixed space and with a fixed table width, may affect the depth of the seats.

23" plus what for what would you say for the cushion 3"...?

and these are seats on both side of the cabin?

4" cushion. Seat height to top of 4" thick bottom cushion 16"

Correction 22" not 23" sorry, this includes a seperate cushion in the small of my back so with some rake I would think overall depth will be the same (26") This is a standard dining layout not what you are proposing tho these measurements still apply (just right for me at 6' tall). As stated in other post experiment around these measurements and do try to incorporate rake into backrest, we were unable to with ours

Many thanks as always.

I must warn you. we have hired several boat, and that was the most annoying layout we came across. What would happen was that the kids would settle in to play games, you would arrive at a lock and want to put off crew and then a scramble across the seats would occur.

Richard

I must warn you. we have hired several boat, and that was the most annoying layout we came across. What would happen was that the kids would settle in to play games, you would arrive at a lock and want to put off crew and then a scramble across the seats would occur.

Richard

We have this, which helps a bit.......

Table_Open.jpg

Table_Closed.jpg

It came with the boat, though I have re-engineered it a bit.

Folded out it blocks the gangway, but provides full family seating.

The top hinges down the middle, and, if folded in, it allows enough space for laptops or a couple to eat a light meal leaving a walkway through the boat.

You would expect it to be unstable when folded out, as the Desmo legs are well offset to one side, but in practice it isn't.

Since I took these pictures, we have made the same table transportable between these seats, (which double as sleeping accomodation, and a new small dedicated seating area further back).

The cushions on the seats shown are 60 cms deep, and 10 cms thick, but the 60 cms tucks under the backrests, also 10cms thick, reducing the part you sit on to 50 cms,