Wiring Battery Banks

plainsman

Featured Posts

Can anyone help? I recall a number of posts with drawings showing an efficient way to wire a bank. Despite my efforts in the 'search' option I cannot find it. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Regards

Alex

Can anyone help? I recall a number of posts with drawings showing an efficient way to wire a bank. Despite my efforts in the 'search' option I cannot find it. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Regards

Alex

Go straight to Gibbo's Site:

Clicky

Edit:

BTW - method 3 or 4 is the correct answer :lol:

Edited by Proper Job

So what is the best way for me as I has 5 batteries? Gibbo's site does not cover that.

It does..... But you have to actually read it instead of just looking at the pictures :lol:

Gibbo

It does..... But you have to actually read it instead of just looking at the pictures ;)

Gibbo

A case of not reading the small print????:o

I'm currently wading my way from start to finish of this exellent website :lol: , I can thoroughly recommend it. :lol: :lol: ;)

Is that enough crawling Mr. Gibson sir?:lol:

Edited by sparky2

Thank you for the constructive replies. :lol: I had read but even on re-reading I do not understand. :lol:

My set up is wired up as 'picture' 1 and was done by a boat builder whe fitting the inverter!!! It also has several take off points. I was hoping for some help in sorting out what would be best.

B

My set up is wired up as 'picture' 1 and was done by a boat builder whe fitting the inverter!!! It also has several take off points. I was hoping for some help in sorting out what would be best.

B

Get it re-wired as picture 3.

It requires 2 busbars, which is why your builder probably didn't do it (or he simply didn't know any better).

Edit to say that I guess you could do something like 4, but I can't be bothered to draw that with 5 batteries :lol:

T :lol:

Edited by WotEver