Unlicenced boats

Chris Hurst

Featured Posts

Yes it is bad at the western end of the K&A, I could show you boats without licence name or number that haven't moved in over a year. All in nice mooring spots too.

29811[/snapback]

Yes there are a few boats inhabited by chronic alcoholics, who are shunned and avoided by the liveaboards and CCers, but even so they do move a little. Why, in May I saw one of them (a foul GRP cruiser - you know the one, I'm sure) being bowhauled along one night ! I'd put the number at about 5.

Yes there are a few boats inhabited by chronic alcoholics, who are shunned and avoided by the liveaboards and CCers, but even so they do move a little. Why, in May I saw one of them (a foul GRP cruiser - you know the one, I'm sure) being  bowhauled along one night ! I'd put the number at about 5.

30072[/snapback]

yea go to nottingham the pot smokers will even get your dog high

Actually, re: my last posting,

Having just read Jon's topic on warning/advice about politeness on the forum, I think I should apologise for my pretty rude remark. I just get a bit worked up when I think a certain group of people are getting targetted (travellers, alcoholics, anyone not fitting into the 'normal' category). Truth is, my friends, we are none of us - liveabords, casual boaters, would-be boaters, - seen as normal by the rest of the population! In 'weirdness' we are united! :lol:

Actually, re: my last posting,

Having just read Jon's topic on warning/advice about politeness on the forum, I think I should apologise for my pretty rude remark. I just get a bit worked up when I think a certain group of people are getting targetted (travellers, alcoholics, anyone not fitting into the 'normal' category). Truth is, my friends, we are none of us - liveabords, casual boaters, would-be boaters, - seen as normal by the rest of the population! In 'weirdness' we are united! :lol:

30181[/snapback]

Carrie,so you chose not to comply with the rules of society therefore you are in the minority and therefore you will find people will shun you and avoid mooring near to you.But do you really need to be so angry with people who are prepared to live by the rules and expect the same of other fellow boaters

red,i have not read these society rules that you are speaking of.

i met people from a boat club and learned they all had titles and they actually live live according to these title,s which to me is an absolute joke.

ah you mean the commodore one said when i asked about a certain person,i burst out laughing.

we are talking about a small gang of people on boats up and down the canals and to make themselves seem more important they form a club give themselves titles and make a few rules to suit themselves.god forbid anyone should stray outside these rules.that is one society and i am sure that a thousand other society,s exist with rules they invented.

rules is rules when it suits them.

standing in the line waiting to enter the show at crick i was behind some very well spoken people who had lots to say about others on the canals that were ,i will say different to them.its disgraceful,should be moved away,thrown off the canals,shot,hung and the whole shebang.

the conversation by them eventually turned to food and wine,oh one lady exclaimed we have so and so get ours from france duty free,they only go for cigeratte,s and tobbacco so we give them cash and they bring us back a lovely assorment cheap.society,s laws unlike their rules are there to be broken.

who is worse in general ?them with the untidy boat or the tax evaders,and i will bet a pound to a penny the same people would not be averse to buying stolen goods,while screaming about law and order and why dont these policemen do something about it

just another veiwpoint but by someone that knows the score in the real world.

gaggle

Carrie,so you chose not to comply with the rules of society therefore you are in the minority and therefore you will find people will shun you and avoid mooring near to you.But do you really need to be so angry with people who are prepared to live by the rules and expect the same of other fellow boaters

30238[/snapback]

Thank you for pointing that out, redfastlad. Whilst hoping to stay polite, I would just like to say that I would be very glad indeed to be shunned by self-righteous prigs. I intend to pay everything required of me, but I'm already willing to bet my boat will be covered in untidy logs, plants and bikes before a month is out! I'll give you a wave when I'm on the water shall I?... :lol:

standing in the line waiting to enter the show at crick i was behind some very well spoken people who had lots to say about  others on the canals that were ,i will say different to them.its disgraceful,should be moved away,thrown off the canals,shot,hung and the whole shebang.

the conversation by them eventually turned to food and wine,oh one lady exclaimed we have so and so get ours from france duty free,they only go for cigeratte,s and tobbacco so we give them cash and they bring us back a lovely assorment cheap.society,s laws unlike their rules are there to be broken.

who is worse in general ?them with the untidy boat or the tax evaders,and i will bet a pound to a penny the same people would not be averse to buying stolen goods,while screaming about law and order and why dont these policemen do something about it

30253[/snapback]

Weren't you actully queuing behind VS and his cronies? :lol:

..................................................... but I'm already willing to bet my boat will be covered in untidy logs, plants and bikes before a month is out!

With all that on the roof, how do you propose to see forward when the boat is moving?

Do you intend to steer the HIT or MISS technique? ie you either HIT or MISS oncoming boats depending on whether or not they can get out of your way. :lol:

Edited by Maffi

With all that on the roof, how do you propose to see forward when the boat is moving?

Do you intend to steer the HIT or MISS technique? ie you either HIT or MISS oncoming boats depending on whether or not they can get out of your way. :lol:

30391[/snapback]

No, clever-cloggs, I shall make sure everything is flat enough!!! My bike will be a folded one, and I will have considerate plants that tumble down rather than stick up. Carrie has thought of everything you see! Carrie day-dreams about little else! :(

No, clever-cloggs, I shall make sure everything is flat enough!!! My bike will be a folded one, and I will have considerate plants that tumble down rather than stick up. Carrie has thought of everything you see! Carrie day-dreams about little else! :lol:

30450[/snapback]

So do you really expect us to believe that you walk all the way down the towpath and empty your cassette out eh? cmon and that you walk to the refuse point and empty all your rubish as well ? sorry i dont believe you and by the look of your boats they are just as scruffy inside as out ! so dont try that one as we all know you tax dodgers ,will stop at nothing to stick two fingers up at us who pay and try to do the right thing.

So do you really expect us to believe that you walk all the way down the towpath  and empty your cassette out eh? cmon and that you walk to the refuse point and empty all your rubish as well ? sorry i dont believe you and by the look of your boats they are just as scruffy inside as out ! so dont try that one as we all know you tax dodgers ,will stop at nothing to stick two fingers up at us who pay and try to do the right thing.

30556[/snapback]

What?!? :(

You are of course right, redfastlad. I just chuck rubbish in the canal as I am so very lazy. I'm also happy to pour in crap from my cassette as I am truly disgusting.

I live in a complete hole; barely fit for human inhabitation.

I've been on the run from the taxman all my life.

You clearly know me so well. :lol:

So do you really expect us to believe that you walk all the way down the towpath  and empty your cassette out eh? cmon and that you walk to the refuse point and empty all your rubish as well ? sorry i dont believe you and by the look of your boats they are just as scruffy inside as out ! so dont try that one as we all know you tax dodgers ,will stop at nothing to stick two fingers up at us who pay and try to do the right thing.

30556[/snapback]

have i lost half a thread?i cant see a post this refers to.is it in another thread? :lol: i,m lost

So do you really expect us to believe that you walk all the way down the towpath and empty your cassette out eh? cmon and that you walk to the refuse point and empty all your rubish as well ? sorry i dont believe you and by the look of your boats they are just as scruffy inside as out ! so dont try that one as we all know you tax dodgers ,will stop at nothing to stick two fingers up at us who pay and try to do the right thing.

REFEREE!

I hope that's a joke, because its not just an offensive thing to say, it could be libellous. Carrie was clearly not advocating these things but was just trying to counter the very intolerant tendencies creeping into this thread.

How you keep a boat looking is your own affair, chucking toilet chemicals into the cut and flytipping is something else. Mind you, discharging washing mashine and particularly dishwasher waste into the canal is pretty vandalous in my view and are becoming common practice.

Edited by Breals

Mind you, discharging washing mashine and particularly dishwasher waste into the canal is pretty vandalous in my view and are becoming common practice.

Is that any worse than letting the kitchensink/shower out over the side?

- Certainly a lot better than half a gallon on oilly bilge water!

Daniel

REFEREE!

I hope that's a joke, because its not just an offensive thing to say, it could be libellous.  Carrie was clearly not advocating these things but was just trying to counter the very intolerant tendencies creeping into this thread.

How you keep a boat looking is your own affair, chucking toilet chemicals into the cut and flytipping is something else. Mind you, discharging washing mashine and particularly dishwasher waste into the canal is pretty vandalous in my view and are becoming common practice.

30737[/snapback]

first libel stuff.why suggest it.we are ordinary people with ordinary money so what is the point.lets leave that to them that can afford the legal fee,s.

so what are we supposed to do with the waste water from the washing machine or dishwasher.

i am under the impression it has to go out into the waterway,where else is it going to go.

am i being told that if i have a washing machine i am also a vandal and as for it becoming commen practice it stands to reason it will happen more if more people decide to fit them into boats.

what is your alternative ban wash machine and eat off dirty dishes,or maybe use paper plates.

i have not seen evidence or even suggestions that washing water is a problem,can we have a shower and use soap and shampoo.

i can,t see where you are coming from :lol:

30556[/snapback]

I'm afraid that your remarks can be considered as extremely offensive so may I politely suggest before this topic goes any further that you read this.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...t=0entry30141

Thank you.