Moorings Available

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

Hello

We moor at the above which is just north of Elkington Lock on the South Oxford a couple of miles north of Cropredy. We like it here as there are no fancy bits and pieces. You get a mooring and a water tap at the 'private' winding hole. Parking.

Peaceful.

I can pass on an email address if anyone is interested. A boat has left without notice, hence this vacancy.

Martyn

Hello

We moor at the above which is just north of Elkington Lock on the South Oxford a couple of miles north of Cropredy. We like it here as there are no fancy bits and pieces. You get a mooring and a water tap at the 'private' winding hole. Parking.

Peaceful.

I can pass on an email address if anyone is interested. A boat has left without notice, hence this vacancy.

Martyn

what kind of annual fee's are you paying??<(I have a 70ft), and what is access to Banbury like??

what kind of annual fee's are you paying??<(I have a 70ft), and what is access to Banbury like??

It's not the cheapest location but okay. I will add this is not residential. I can PM anyone who is interested the owners details, he has asked me to.

Martyn

edited as i missed the last bit of your post. Access to Banbury by road or boat?

Edited by Nightwatch1

It's not the cheapest location but okay. I will add this is not residential. I can PM anyone who is interested the owners details, he has asked me to.

Martyn

edited as i missed the last bit of your post. Access to Banbury by road or boat?

Is this the delighfully named Clattercote Wharf? It always looked tempting when we used to cruise past it. A couple of old working boats used to live there - do they still?

It is indeedClattercote Wharf. The two working Boats are still there and I believe used to be worked by the owner of the farm prior to him moving onto terra firma. There are thoughts to use the boats to transport organically grown marrows to London rather than the present method of car and trailer.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had an email from Greg who says he is pleased that he has 'filled' one mooring and would love a repeat performance. (didn't know there was two available) Perhaps I'm moving.

However the same goes, anyone interested PM me and I'll pass on the details.

Martyn

By the same token, I'm pleased to be the one whose boat is "filling" it, thank you so much for putting me in touch with Mr. Klaes, Nightwatch. Trojan should get there about August 6th. He did tell me, when I phoned him a couple of weeks ago, that he had two spaces available. Oddly enough he has a boat moored over here at Nordelph on the Middle Levels.

Thank you for your thank you Athy.

Hope you enjoy. We are moving home soon so we have had to cancel/postpone our two weekly break that was due the beginning of August. We may have met you.

However, plenty of time to come.

Martyn

Hello

Peaceful.

Martyn

Interesting, Is it a "Private" winding hole, Nicholson list it and I watched a hire boat struggle to turn there this morning, I have always thought of it as private, but there are no signs that I can see.