Voting for CC's

fender

Featured Posts

Fender

I dont quite understand where you are going.....

29365[/snapback]

Richard,

many thanks for your insight. I dont quite know where I am going either to be honest, I might step on the wrong pedal and start another conflict. I was trying to explain how some things are paid for and how sometimes it is better to recieve a service through a general source of taxation (eg police, NHS, BBC etc) rather than to pay specifically out of ones own pocket. As you implied, if some cant afford the service then the money will come from somewhere else. That I entirely agree with, it is a fact of our desire to live in a modern society that is based on money as the primary exchange system.

But as I tried to point out, we all use services whose finances are not exactly coming out of our pockets. Councils, police, libraries, buses, and regional rail services (like Merseyrail, London Underground etc), are mostly funded by means of regionality or area and if we come from a different area we still benefit even though we havent paid for some or all of it.

Can I go to the BW proposals? They aim to make CC's pay more. OK. Now a responsible CC'er understands that their licence means moving on and not staying too long eg more than two weeks or whatever the stipulation is. Very much in the same vein a permanent moorer knows they are taking on a particular spot that demands a certain amount of money. I would imagine that many moorers take up a place because they are quite sure they can afford to pay the fees. A CC'er knows they can only afford a certain amount of money, so the best option is of course to do what the rules say and abide by them. (I do not wish to speak about bridge hoppers just at this moment in time please!)

Now BW says they will put up the fees. In many ways they are so large that it will hit many of us. Me included. I am struggling quite hard to make ends meet at the moment and despite that, I really appreciate the fact that I am at least able to enjoy travelling around in my boat and continune my enthusiasm for the canals. And how far I go is often according to how much I think I can afford and the cost of getting there and back by public transport. And I dont hog moorings, I consciously am aware that within 24 hours, 48 hours, two weeks I must move on. But I am always moving say at least one or two times a week or even more, and I spend three four nights on the boat.

Unfortunately it looks like my enthusiasm for the canals will be curtailed by BW's proposals, because I will have to sell my boat if fees go up 2.47 times. I took up CC because it was the only way to be able to carry on keeping my boat on under my current financial circumstances, and I made every effort to keep to their rules. Up to now BW have managed to accomodate CC's but the actions of a few (bridge hoppers or worse, plus BW's own lackasidial attitude - and that stupid man Victor Swift) means that I am being kicked in the teeth. I wonder what you, Richard, have to say about this?

Edited by fender

Calm down Gaggle.. don't get over excited :lol:

29333[/snapback]

sam i dont see how my post caused you to think i was excited in any way shape or form.

so how can i calm down from such a relaxed state that i assure you i was in at the time.

i think david and julie accepted my post may have had some merit and i certainly did not provoke any calm down response from them,perhaps you can explain why you found my post excitable in its nature.

i can only think you post ""calm down"" is a harry enfield type throwback reference to scousers.

if that is so it was funny 10 yrs ago but now it is sad especially from a lad as young as you.

what you need to do is keep your postings on topic ie what the hell is nbw and old rag arse doing causing division in the canal community.

mind you i should think you have a very nice facial tan as you seem to think the sun shines out of the arse of nbw

all my love and best wishes

Gaggle, yeah i think a lot about NBW because it is a great website.

I said that because of the things you were saying to David and Julie..

well david and julie i knew nothing about what was being hinted at by maffi but now thanks to yourselves i do and so does the world at large.

well done i hope you are happy with yourselves.

i should imagine it was pm,d so the whole world did not get to know.

your not big and your not clever

time for bed said zebberdee

ps i dont think the term gypo,s is pc or is it?

don't start calling me sad.. especially when it was you who started getting rude towards other members who had done nothing.

If you would like to take this further or something weird please PM me so as not to ruin and clog up the forum.

If you would like to notice the smiley.. it was said as a half hearted thing, just a bit of micky taking sort of thing

Edited by Sam

a great website eh

well what is this thread about if not underhand tactics by the same in a poll to create division in the canal community.

get your head out of your arse sam ,youth is no excuse for not seeing what goes on in front of you.

i have said for months before these bw proposals were announced that certian people seemed to be forming an alliance to bring about change with a hidden agenda.

when you enter the real world and have to pay your own way i think your mind set is going to change.

as for what i said to david and julie it was said politely and with no anger whatsoever,if it was they are perfectly capable of pulling me up on it themselves.

children should be seen and not heard,does mummy know you were up late that night?.

te he guffaw and a load of chuckles

love and respect

and also i have no intention of mature behaviour until the last rites are being read and then i will say sorry to jc and promise to grow if he gives me more time

Since this has now become nothing short of a baroom brawl I will lock the topic. If anyone still wants to keep the arguments and insults going please take it to PM. This type of arguing will not in future be tolerated on a public forum.