Shower water pressure

BeninReading

Featured Posts

Evening all!

I seldom use my shower, preferring the local swimming pool.

Recently a friend wanted a shower, however the water pressure was a problem (there are no water pressure problems elsewhere on the boat and I have recently cleaned the shower head) as the cold water seems to be outcompeting the hot water and the overall flow is weak. When the shower head is lowered the pressure gets better, but it was still pretty poor.

Any comments/help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ben

Evening all!

Recently a friend wanted a shower, however the water pressure was a problem (there are no water pressure problems elsewhere on the boat and I have recently cleaned the shower head) as the cold water seems to be outcompeting the hot water and the overall flow is weak. When the shower head is lowered the pressure gets better, but it was still pretty poor.

Regards,

Ben

Is the hot water from an instant type gas heater (paloma, morco etc)? Reason I ask is that it was tricky balancing the flow on our previous boat with such an appliance.

Evening all!

Regards,

Ben

The shower head will be the highest water outlet on the boat any increase in hight will mean less flow of water at that point. Did it work OK before. Have you replaced the pump since with a lower pressure item?

Try taking the shower head off and holding the pipe up where it normally would be and see if the shower head is causing too much restriction.

unless there is a restriction causing the reduced flow the only answer may be a pump that works on a higher pressure. I recently replaced our water pump originally it was a 10.5ltr/min @ 20psi and the shower was not great so I fitted a 10.5ltr/min @ 30psi pump same amount of water but at a higher pressure. It did the trick.

Evening all!

Regards,

Ben

Some boats use separate pumps for hot & cold so if its like this the hot pump may have a low cut out pressure, but unless you can find a restriction in the pipe (like PTFE tape masking the drilling in a fitting) I would be thinking about the mixer valve, especially it its thermostatic.

Evening all!

Regards,

Ben

Dismantle the shower head there is a good chance of it being blocked. Although we only have a 20 p.s.i. pump we still get a good shower. Something somewhere is restricting your flow.