Stoppages

dor

Featured Posts

I presume Richard means Audlem

(Hope they dont finish weeks late like they did a few years ago, in that particular situation it was giving three of us winter boaters just one morning to dash up Audlem and Adderley before the latter got closed for a stoppage they'd held over for our passage)

Edited by fender

Mine is badly corrupted but I can't see the stoppage that Matt is on about. 

Lock 63 Trent and Mersey 29th. August to 1st. October ?

28567[/snapback]

Yes there is an August - October stoppage here - the advice is to use the duplicate lock instead, so Matt, you can get back to Lymm :-)

• 3 weeks later...
BW have released their stoppages program for next winter.

Haven't found the link on BW's site yet (surprise surprise), but Andrew Denny has provided a link on his web site:

Get it at

http://www.grannybuttons.com/granny_button...age_program.pdf

28537[/snapback]

This is the link for the new BW Stoppages self search programme. It does actually work, but it won't print !!!

http://www.britishwaterways.co.uk/newsroom..._stoppages.html

anyone know of problems on leeds liverpool regards water shortages?

edited 12-30

just been told by bw that announcement may be made later today re water shortage

i have heard that a source in yorkshire says shutdown imminant on leeds and liverpool due to problems re -water supply-reserves.

this has not been confirmed.

Edited by gaggle

anyone know of problems on leeds liverpool regards water shortages?

edited  12-30

just been told by bw that announcement may be made later today re water shortage

i have heard that a source in yorkshire says shutdown imminant on leeds and liverpool due to problems re -water supply-reserves.

this has not been confirmed.

30245[/snapback]

Two alerts from Waterscape warned lock restrictions will be in place this week on the approaches to the summit. And from Friday 16th the summit level will be shut down unless things improve.

my boat is due to be floated on the leeds & liverpool.

liverpool end- but what a bummer-new boat and no water

i got the blues,i got the blues sooooo bad :lol:

30452[/snapback]

Another notice today: The L&L has been closed at Wigan, a serious fire means the fire brigade are using up the canal water, so no boat movements are possible in the area. "Navigation will not be possible until the fire is made safe and the water levels are restored."

Gaggle - dont worry I'm sure there'll be plenty of water at the Liverpool end for you to launch your new boat.